Thursday, January 5, 2017

The Replacement Crush By Lisa Brown Roberts Book Review

30330745
BLURB
True love can't be strategized.
After book blogger Vivian Galdi’s longtime crush pretends their secret summer kissing sessions never happened, Vivian creates a list of safe crushes, determined to protect her heart.
But nerd-hot Dallas, the sweet new guy in town, sends the mission and Vivian’s zing meter into chaos. While designing software for the bookstore where Vivian works, Dallas wages a counter-mission.
Operation Replacement Crush is in full effect. And Dallas is determined to take her heart off the shelf.

REVIEW
*A SPECIAL THANKS TO THE PUBLISHER FOR THIS REVIEW COPY*
FOUR AND A HALF OUT OF FIVE STARS

People may think me harsh when it comes to reviews. But, I like to think that I'm just honest. I don't know about you but I definitely want to read a review that is true to it's word, literally. I don't want to read a review by a reviewer I can't trust to be honest about what they've read--for whatever reason. I don't want to get carried away but there's a point to this.

I've seen some of the reviews for this book, and I have to say I'm a bit surprised. Most of them are positive but the ones that are not seem a little overzealous in their dislike for certain parts of this book.

This book, is absolutely adorable. It's the kind of book I love to read, as far as contemporary is concerned. A non-weak heroine, and a guy I wanted for myself. I think I laughed almost as much as I smiled. I was equal parts filled with laughter and love.

The author didn't have to try too hard to accomplish what she set out to accomplish--and I think that was to write a book that was both praising to book bloggers, and a joy for your average reader.

It's a win for all types. Even those of us who are older than our blogging, Star-Trek loving MC. Who by the way I adored. I loved the fact that she wasn't completely confident, but she wasn't weak--or meek. She made me laugh--and most of all I could relate to her personality. She was just a regular girl, who loved to read, spread the love of books--and be in love. Such simple things, and many of those things we all want and need.

I also loved the fact that she had an author for a mom. I mean, how cool is that??? She had a best friend named, Jaz. Hello, I'm Jaz. Lol. A hottie for a friend, and so many other cool people that seemed to gravitate towards her.

Not to mention, McNerdy aka super hot, super cute, sexy nerdy, Dallas Lang. I for one never thought that being nerdy could be cute. Because, you just don't think nerd and hot in the same sentence. You hear nerd, you think glasses, high-water pants, and a snort that throws off their sinuses. But, I think that's all fiction, bad fiction. Some nerds, like most guys are actually hot. I think a smart attractive guy, is better than any other type--any day. I mean, I'll take it. Throw in swoony, and sweet and I am a goner--like I was with this book. I just swooned and swooned.

Aside from the basics, the build up for this one was supreme. It was right on target and right on time. I had my moments where I thought I would slowly die on the inside if the two characters didn't get together, but I love a good build-up. ADORE IT. Insta-love is the work of the devil, my friends.

I don't think I need to say it outright, but I really liked this book. It was a great way to kick of my year of reading, and aside from becoming one of my new favorite authors, for being a total book blogger supporter--but also for creating Dallas, and Viv--I'll be looking forward to see what else this author comes up with it.

Two thumbs up.

10 comments:

  1. Once I see Jazmen gives 4, 4.5, 5 star reviews, I knew I had to get the book. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. I swear I must be terrible! I really liked this one. It was so cute.

      Delete
  2. I'm all for hot nerds! I'll have to pick this up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy you loved this one, I did too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Joy! ;) Wonderful review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes I think people like to pick apart light reads, but not every book can be super heavy and life-altering. I think I'd go crazy if that was all I read!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, this sounds adorable! I'm not usually one for "fluffy" romances but sometimes a fun, light romance hits the spot and is exactly what you need. And a relatable book-blogging MC? A hot nerdy guy? I feel like this one has my name all over it. It's a shame some reviewers (possibly) went a little overboard in their criticism but I love the sound of this one and I'm about to go one-click it now. :)
    Tanya @ GIRL PLUS BOOKS

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wouldn't say harsh, but I would say admirably honest. I try my best to be as honest as possible in my reviews too. If I didn't like it, I'll tell you that straight. I am glad this was one which was so enjoyable and adorable as well. I like the sound of the main character being a book blogger too!

    ReplyDelete