Thursday, December 1, 2016

Lie Kill Walk Away by Matt Dickinson Book Review

BLURB
LIE
I check the Range Rover dash. The keys are in there. 
The sirens are closing in. There’s a police helicopter coming over the hospital. 
KILL
I have to decide. Decide right now. I can keep out of trouble. Not get involved. Just run away through the park and go home and pretend none of this has happened. 
Or I can help Becca. 
WALK AWAY
I stare into her eyes. Those deep blue eyes. Just for a split second.
I tell her, ‘get in the car’. 

Joe and Becca uncover a deadly secret. A lethal bioweapon is about to be unleashed. Millions will suffer a terrible death.
Now they are being hunted down. 
And their problems have only just begun 

REVIEW
*A SPECIAL THANKS TO THE PUBLICIST FOR THIS REVIEW COPY*

THREE OUT OF FIVE STARS

What I Did Like: I can say I did like the characters. They were a little juvenile but I liked the way they worked together and they seemed to click naturally. 

The novel was also not lacking in action which is perfect for this type of novel. 

The mystery: This part wasn't obvious which I rather enjoyed. I liked all the intrigue surrounding the story. 

What I Didn't Like: Although the author wanted many of the circumstances in this novel seem like happenstance, I wasn't really buying it. The weakness of this novel lies solely on the fact that things happened far too easily.

The characters just seemed to fall right into certain situations--situations that in a normal world, would never occur that way--which took away from it's believability, and my enjoyment. I actually found it to be a bit frustrating. 

All in all this was a decent novel, some tweaks would have made it perfect--but so few novels are. I recommend this to people that like the thrillers, heavy on the action and light on reality. 


9 comments:

  1. waiting for the day Jaz finds a 5-star read. i keep hopin' and prayin' and wishin'. sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually have one! They are so far and few in between it makes no darn sense!

      Delete
  2. I've been looking for a really good thriller these days but I'm not toooo sure about this one? I want to like it but it really doesn't seem to have that UMPH that I'm looking for, you know. I mean, YASS, it sounds kind of suspenseful but just.... not what I'm looking for at the moment I guess.. Or, maybe I'm just being a total loser and being totally picky. IDKKKKK I too, am anxiously waiting for the day that you find a 5-star read Jazzzz! Get on it girlll!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have one but I would have loved to have quite a few more. If you do check this book out, I hope you like it more than I did!

      Delete
  3. One thing I insist on in a thriller is plausibility. I mean, that's just part of the package. When everything is just too convenient or fall into place too easily (in a way that doesn't even make sense)... nope, not buying it. That's just laziness on the part of the author to not even try to create a believability factor or a more complex plot. Meh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree. For mysteries or thrillers it just needs to be done a certain way for it to work!

      Delete
  4. Hm... not sure if this one is for me. Especially if you weren't buying it. I do think I'll pass, but brilly review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The synopsis seemed interesting, but the fact that things happened way too quickly makes it unrealistic and hard to really buy. I'll scratch this off my TBR list! Thanks for the review!

    Erika @ Books and Stars

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one sounds really intense from the blurb, and that seems to continue on into the story so I am so happy that it was an enjoyable read. It's a shame about things being too convenient though... that always makes me question things...

    ReplyDelete