Monday, November 14, 2016

Forget Me Always by Sara Wolf Book Review


27411756
BLURB
All warfare is deception. Even in high school.


It’s been three years, twenty-five weeks, and five days since Isis Blake fell in love, and if she has it her way, it’ll stretch into infinity. Since then, she’s punched Jack Hunter—
her nemesis-turned-maybe-something-more—in the face, survived a brutal attack by her mom’s abusive ex thanks to Jack’s heroics, and then promptly forgotten all about him.



The one bright spot for Isis is Sophia, the ephemeral girl who shares Isis’s hospital stay as well as a murky past with Jack. But as Isis’s memories return, she finds it harder and
harder to resist what she felt for Jack, and Jack finds it impossible to stay away from the only girl who’s ever melted the ice around his heart.



As the dark secrets surrounding Sophia emerge, Isis realizes Jack isn’t who she thought he was. He’s dangerous. But when Isis starts receiving terrifying emails from an
anonymous source, that danger might be the only thing protecting her from something far more threatening.

Her past.


REVIEW
*A special thanks to the publisher for this review copy*
FOUR OUT OF FIVE STARS
This author can do no wrong. I am yet again thoroughly pleased with this author's work. I don't know what it is, nothing thoroughly exciting happens. But, she has this whole Mara Dyer feeling thing going on, where there's just so much more to be seen, than what is actually on the surface--and, it gets me every time. Yes, I know it's only the second book, but so what?!

While I was initially concerned, I was quickly proven wrong. The beginning of the story was a bit of a bore, and I was afraid that the series opener, I was so crazy about was going to go down the crapper with book two, but by the end I was yet again, wanting book two. The author knows how to do an ending.

But before I brag on it, let's talk about the actual story, shall we? Isis doesn't remember a thing--at least not the parts about Jack--much to his chagrin. Isis is in recovery, and little does she know the world she's forgotten is not far behind. 

I'm always intrigued by memory loss stories, fascinated by the mind, and wanting to see how it all plays out when the character finally remembers. I have to say the way she remember lacked the Isis pizzazz, but it was pretty smooth. I guess I expected a little bit more of a fight, but I digress. When things start to become more clear, is when the story truly begins--and that's when I really started to enjoy the story.

I do feel like the author kind of teased me, the ending of the story leaves so much to be desired--mostly because there's so much more to know. I'm positive the third book will be a doozy. I just have this feeling, or at least I'm hopeful. I definitely recommend this series, if you're a Mara Dyer fan--it's not the same in any way but it gives me those kind of feelings. Loving this series, not digging the wait but looking forward to the ending.

And like I said the ending kind of brought everything back full circle, and it was a bit of a whopper and I dig the author for that. I for one, do not mind a good cliffhanger.

*Side note* If you don't want to wait, I'd wait until Spring to nab all the books.


4 comments:

  1. Wow, I'm not even sure what to make of this one. The synopsis has me scratching my head, your review keeps in vague enough that I'm still wondering, and the GoodReads avg. rating is over 4.0. The Mara Dyer feeling has me a little unsure (because I so did not like that one and quit after the first book) but still... I'm intrigued. Great review, Jazmen... hope the third book lives up to your expectations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok so I don't know this author but am intrigued now. Plus a good book 2 is hard to find. Great review!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I think I would wait. I do hate a cliffie. I actually don't gravitate toward the amnesia trope, but I really can't think of a book that had it in it as a plot device that I didn't like. Hm... maybe I do need to try this one but yea... will wait for spring. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the advice girl because I totally despise cliff hangers, AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME TO WAIT. Just saying!♡♡

    ReplyDelete