Thursday, May 12, 2016

Wicked Heart by Leisa Rayven ARC Book Review

24889218
BLURB
The one guy she can’t have is the one she can’t forget.

Liam Quinn is one of the biggest movie stars in the world…and the only man Elissa Holt has ever truly loved.

After being out of her life for six years, he and his gorgeous fiancé are set to star in the new Broadway show Elissa is stage managing. The only trouble is, when late night rehearsals bring Elissa and Liam together, the line between what is and what could have been gets blurred. Now one moment of weakness is about to create a scandal that will echo around the world.

Elissa knows that falling for Liam again would be a tragedy in the making, but as any good romantic knows, love doesn’t always follow the script.

REVIEW
*A special thanks to the publisher for this review copy*
FOUR OUT OF FIVE STARS

Guys, I have been suffering from the burn-out. Yup, I said burn out. I'm reading just fine but the words--the words to write reviews have been non existent. I think we (bloggers), I think we just get burned out sometimes. I think it happens to the best of us. 

 I'm going to attempt to write this review while I have a little bit of mojo in me. So here we go.

Wicked Heart...

I have to be honest I didn't think I was going to like Wicked Heart. After loving Bad Romeo immensely and being let down by Broken Juliet. My hopes weren't too high for Wicked Heart but ,Leisa gave me back my Bad Romeo feels--to an extent. I mean can anything really be that good again?

Anyway, Wicked Heart brought back the sense of humor and angst that I adored in Bad Romeo--and I didn't think it could be done.

Elissa, our beloved Ethan's sister-is a production manager. Her best guy pal is her assistant of sorts and they work well together. Things have been going well. Her brother is in love--and she's tackling a big project. Everything seems right until, she finds out Liam is starring in her latest production.

Liam is the one that got away. Their whirlwind romance was noteworthy but it wasn't in the cards. But, neither of them forgot the other--and now that they're back in the same world--feelings are getting muddled, things are being misunderstood--and the tension is at an all time high.

Just as warning/note: This book is angsty--but it's a thing Rayven, does so well. For those of you who are not a fan of angst, fret not, Leisa balances it perfectly with humor, and moments that will make you swoon.

What makes this book so likable is not only how amusing it is but how well-rounded the characters are, and how easy they are to relate to. 

The MC, loved cheese, and had cheese-eating pants. She may have looked like a goddess to those around her but she found herself to be short, and lackluster compared to the women she worked around. And, that's realistic--a lot of women have insecurities--so, cheers to Rayven for portraying a realistic, this century, kind of woman.

And, Liam, despite his obviously outstanding good looks, he never seemed cocky or rude--like most good-looking NA men. He was actually considerate, and kind.

The characters are solid and the story moves at a good pace. I don't really have any complaints--so I'd say that's a job well done. 

This book is perfect for people that love their reads angst-y and humorous--Wicked Heart is a nice contribution to the Starcrossed series.




21 comments:

  1. I feel you, a lot lately in fact. ;) Great job on the review, you did wonderfully. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried her first book, but it didn't work well for me. I don't know if this would be for me as I'm not in the mood for angst at the moment.
    I'm glad this was a winner for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's too bad. But to each his own I guess. That's what I truly love about books. No two people read the same one :)

      Delete
  3. I have Bad Romeo and need to read it still!! Glad this one worked for you. Hope your mojo comes back. I totally understand the burn out though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I'm glad this was good especially after being disappointed in the second book! I still need to read the first one and I've had it on my TBR for quite awhile! This one does sound good, great review!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always have burn out when it comes to writing reviews. lol. Glad this gave you back some of those original feels. I haven't read Bad Romeo yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really hope it gets better! I hope you read Bad Romeo soon!

      Delete
  6. I hear ya, sista. Sometimes, the words are there. Sometimes...nothing. Le sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got burned out on reviewing recently. It's tough soemtiems! This book has a beautiful cover. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Girl Leisa sure know how to make you pull your hair out sometimes! I remember when I read Bad Romeo, girl I was screaming for them to have sex already, but I loved the push and pull situation between the characters. When I get back into a contemporary mood, I'm definitely picking up Broken Juliet so I can read this. I hope I end up liking them both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl I hope you wind up liking Broken Juliet, and this one!

      Delete
  9. I still haven't read Bad Romeo and I know that you liked it so much and I DO want to read it so.. I will. I MUST. Soon. Wicked Heart sounds quite a lovely read, but I first must start with Bad Romeo, skip Broken Juliet, and then read this one.
    Your reviews are always awesome, Jazmen ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. When I don't feel like writing reviews, I just set them aside and do other things. I've never read anything by Leisa Rayven. Nice to know you enjoyed this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have not tried this series before, but I'll have to check out the first book. Ugh, my problem is not having the time to type up a review, or just being exhausted. I read my but off, but can't keep up with the reviews. My solution will be a bunch of mini reviews for the rest of the week. Maybe 2 or 3 per post.

    ReplyDelete
  12. As usual I am so behind. I only bought Bad Romeo recently and have yet to start it. I have a friend who is hounding me to read it so hard. I'm thinking it might be a great summer read. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Is this some kind of sequel, coz I remember wanting to request it on NG, but then backing off, for some kind of reason. But it looks good! I miss reading NA!! Lovely review :)

    ReplyDelete