Thursday, March 31, 2016

Intimidating TBR Book Tag & The YA Frenzy Book Tag

THE INTIMIDATING TBR BOOK TAG

A book you have been unable to finish…
This can go for so many of the books I have on my TBR. Hidden Bodies most recently. I just haven't picked it back up. I think it's one of those it didn't need a sequel situations.

I haven’t read this book because I haven’t had the time…
Girl on The Train

I haven’t read this book because it is a sequel…
Hmm I don't have an answer for this one.


I haven’t read this book because I read another book by the author and didn’t really like it…
F**K Love. Didn't care for the way Mud Vein was written, so I'm not sure I'm going to pick this up.
I haven’t read this book because it’s humongous…
Aww man so many books, Libba Bray's books, Les Miserable and on and on.
I haven’t read this book because it was a cover buy and then you read the reviews…
Can't think of any.

The most intimidating book in my TBR is…
Anything like Outlander, Winter, Lady of Midnight--way too lengthy.

THE YA FRENZY BOOK TAG

(1.) What book got you started on the path of YA?

Maze Runner, definitely. I read book one and I was like this is kind of fun. I must read more of this young adult. 

List 3 awesome book related gifs (they can be from the movies or they can just have someone reading in them) and add your own captions.
What I want to do when someone interrupts me while I'm reading.
When someone says, "You're buying another book?"
When I  go into a bookstore and proceed to want all the books 
3. What was the latest series you finished?
I honestly cannot remember.
4.What is the one thing that you hate in YA? What is the one thing that you love?
The one thing I hate hmm...the dreaded cancer trope. I'm sorry it's way over done. One thing I love, you can pretty much be or do anything in YA to an extent of course but you can be a knife wielding assassin or a teenage witch, it's pretty cool.
5. Take this Buzzfeed quiz (‘Are You Able to Identify the Real YA Cover from the Fake?’) and post your results.

Are You Able To Identify The Real YA Cover From The Fake?

You got 10 out of 10 right!
  1. Golden Bookworm

    You’re a gold-standard bookworm! You can definitely identify your YA covers like a BOSS. Never stop getting your read on.
  2. I tag everybody!

13 comments:

  1. Love this tag and I honestly can't remember the last series I finished either. I'm awful at starting them and then abandoning them, not because I don't like them but because I'm not one of those people that can read a whole series at a time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Sometimes it's hard to read series especially when there is about a year between books.

      Delete
  2. Fun tag!! I loved Hidden Bodies though!!! I totally agree that I keep putting off Outlander and Winter because they are so big!! Good job on the quiz!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tag! I'm really over the cancer trope as well. Or any other sickness/dying trope.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! I hate the dreaded cancer trope as well. There is one author who, while I like her writing, has someone die of cancer in each book. I am just done with it. Great Tag.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha love the result! I'm never going to dive into Lair of Dreams because that crap is like *spreads arm span* HUMONGOUS!

    Alex @ The Book's Buzz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Outlander was daunting for me too. I listened to the audiobook and it made it really easy for me to get into and through!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm planning to start Outlander next week *for real this time!). It helps that I've already watched the show, and I'm excited for season 2 to start next week. Lady Midnight is too big, and I think that's why I really didn't love it as much as I thought I would. Still, good story. You should try Tarryn's Love Me With Lies trilogy. I binge read it in 3 days.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You by Caroline Kepnes can easily stand on it's own, so I see your point there. Hidden Bodies was good though. Aaaand there will be a 3rd book. Oh man, I haven't read F**k Love yet, but I love Tarryn Fisher. What a fun tag.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun tag!! Love the gifs you used LOL hilarious! Maze Runner was definitely a catalyst into YA for me as well :)

    www.quiteanovelidea.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't read anything by Tarryn Fisher. I see some people rave about her books but when I read reviews I just think maybe her stuff is too 'out there' for me. Or that her writing won't be for me. I don't know... something keeps me from picking her stuff up. Love that gif from Bridesmaids. LOL

    Tanya @ Girl Plus Books

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hehehe I loved your choice of gifs! I could definitely relate to all those feels, especially when it comes to being in a bookstore or the one where people are like - you have too many books. I feel like long books or starting on a series which you already know has a lot of books in it is so intimidating!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved this TAG!! I'm going to do it in my blog soon! :)

    www.letmecrossover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete