Wednesday, February 17, 2016

The Deal by Elle Kennedy Book Review--A Post in Which I Tell You Reasons Why You Should Read This Book

BLURB
She’s about to make a deal with the college bad boy... 

Hannah Wells has finally found someone who turns her on. But while she might be confident in every other area of her life, she’s carting around a full set of baggage when it comes to sex and seduction. If she wants to get her crush’s attention, she’ll have to step out of her comfort zone and make him take notice…even if it means tutoring the annoying, childish, cocky captain of the hockey team in exchange for a pretend date. 

...and it’s going to be oh so good. 

All Garrett Graham has ever wanted is to play professional hockey after graduation, but his plummeting GPA is threatening everything he’s worked so hard for. If helping a sarcastic brunette make another guy jealous will help him secure his position on the team, he’s all for it. But when one unexpected kiss leads to the wildest sex of both their lives, it doesn’t take long for Garrett to realize that pretend isn’t going to cut it. Now he just has to convince Hannah that the man she wants looks a lot like him.

REVIEW
So, instead of giving you my outright opinion of this book--because it's been done a million times already I'll just tell you (yes, you--the boy/girl that has not read this book), why you should read this book. 

1. Garrett Graham--Garrett is what people might call a man-whore. He's popular, extremely good looking and he sleeps around. It's kind of in his nature. He wants no part of a relationship, well until he meet's Hannah aka Wellsey. Every time he called her Wellsey I legit smiled--because I thought it was adorable. It's silly but adorable. 

Garrett was everything people thought he was but better--so much better. He had actual depth which is sometimes lacking in NA males. 

He was dedicated, loyal and obviously hot! 

And boy was he funny. I just laughed every time he said something he was so humorous.

2. The romance kind of just happens. There's nothing worse than these predictable NA's where the characters get insta-love-y and have drama and then break up. OH, and then get back together. It's a realistic pattern in some situations but I was happy to see a NA deviate from that. This romance just happened naturally. It was quick in time but slow in the way it developed.

3. No drama--there's obvious conflict at the end like most novels. But the author doesn't allow the characters to dwell in it. It's HEA but it so works.

4. The humor, the characters were cracking jokes on another throughout the entire story. I wasn't bent over laughing but it was nice for a chuckle or two, or four.

5. Hannah-Hannah was never weak, she never faltered and she never got annoying. Even though this character has a tragic past. She didn't let it alter her life so drastically that she couldn't move forward. I appreciated her tenacity and her strength. She was so untypical that I loved it.

Final Thoughts
I wasn't head over heels like I hoped but it definitely did not disappoint. The characters were fun and I really did get a laugh out of this one. I'd highly recommend it.

11 comments:

  1. This one does look good! I like that you said Hannah was never weak. There is a lot of NA with really weak female characters and it bothers me. Great review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, when I read this book a while ago, it didn't make that much of an impression on me. I keep thinking if I'd missed something. I wonder if a re-read is warranted? Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a great romance. I like that theres nothing cringeworthy, which happens far too often with NA romance books.
    Tori @InToriLex

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one I know I have to pick up. Everyone loves it. SO glad you enjoyed this! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have not read one bad thing about this book. I have been looking for a new adult book to pick up and I think this might be the one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen this book everywhere and I do plan to read it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it's official... I'm the only person left who has not read this book. I've never seen a bad review, everyone loves it... I need to read it now! Will someone just pay me to stay at home and read all the books, please. :)

    Tanya @ Girl Plus Books

    ReplyDelete
  8. You finally read it! I am so happy :))
    I love Garrett...he is one my favorite fictional hero. He is just super amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. HI!!! We have the best Cheat Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories Generator that you can use to get free Unlimited Money for ios and android and no need jailbreak, root, cydia. This is our brand new cheat generator 2016 and we have made it especially for you to be able to get for free Unlimited Money whenever you want.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been seeing this one around and I grudgingly added it to my TBR because I just don't usually go for covers like that - unless I am in some kind of funky mood it is usually a turn off for me! But I do like the idea of this one being one of the more unique NA books!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great review! I love this one and am due for a re-read

    ReplyDelete