Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Black History Month Celebration--Celebrating My Favorite Black Bloggers


HI, All! I am doing something a little different this month. In celebration of my culture and this month I am going to highlight, celebrate and commemorate, some of my favorite black blogs, authors, characters--and much more. My intention is not to isolate other cultures but to highlight a culture that is close to my heart. Reviews and such will continue but I will be doing my best to share my culture as much as possible this month. I do hope you all will participate and stop by and see what's going on!

Hey, Olivia Girl! So, guys let me introduce you to Olivia. Olivia is a teenaged blogger that reviews a wide range of novels but specializes in YoungAdult. And what's really cool is that she lives in the Netherlands! Isn't that neat?

Olivia shared some of her favorite reads written or centered around African Americans.
Malorie Blackman's Noughts and Crosses, 12 Years A Slave, which she touts as "an honest portrayal of slavery," and Maya Angelou--who I might add is also a personal favorite of mine.

She has a unique voice, and even has her own youtube channel.

CHECK IT OUT----->Olivia's Tube Channel

Keionda Lei Lewis.

Outspoken, Down To Earth and Sharp. Keionda's blog is my go to when I want to check out reviews, opinions and posts that are honest and easy to relate to.

Check her out here, and guess what she's a writer too! She's known for her outspoken, relatable YA and NA reviews!

Tika, Fangirl Confessions:

If you don't know Tika, I don't know why. Tika is down-to -earth, brash in a super cool way, she's creative--and although her reviews tend to be lengthy (girl, you can write some long reviews)--they're always worth reading! Her reviews are with the times, fun to read and down right humorous.

Tika is my girl and you need to visit her blog, ASAP!

Lekeisha The Booknerd

She's calm, cool, and collected--and she always seems to review books I never heard of. Lekeisha has a relaxed way of reviewing, that I think is easy to relate to. Check out her blog here!

Creatyve Books
Sanovia
Fun and honest reviews, Creatyve Books is where you go to get the real truth about these books. A real cool blog to visit, not to mention the name is pretty unique!

In Tori Lex
In Tori Lex

Tori's blog is fairly new to me, in that I've been a bad blogger and haven't frequented as much as I would have liked to. But from what I can tell, her reviews are almost always about books I've never heard--which I always think is a good thing. She's honest and down to earth--and she's never mean. 

Check her out HERE.

Well, there you have--check these ladies out because they all have something to offer--we need more diversity around here, and these ladies are serving it up.

PS: If I forgot your blog charge it to my head and not my heart.

10 comments:

  1. Great post!! I love Tika and Lekeisha's blogs. Great choices on those. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome post!! I already know and visit Tika, Keionda, and Tori's blogs but I will for sure check out the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Post!!!! I know a few of these bloggers but I will have to check out the rest! I think this is a fantastic idea and a great way to celebrate and share culture to other people!!!! Now I'm really looking forward to the rest of the month!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for putting some of these on my radar, I love Tori at In Tori Lex, she is a sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the shout out! I'm going to check out the other blogs I'm not familiar with. I love Olivia, Keionda, and Tika!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for the mention, girl <3 I am basically following all of these blogs excepting two of them! Which, has just now been corrected. I am checking out In Tori's blog now :3 Lekeisha, Keionda and Tika are probably the bloggers I know best from this list <3 And YOU too, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  7. AWWW thanks so much for the shout out guhhh! <3 YOU DA BOMB! I basically know all of the bloggers on here expect for like two of them but like Olivia above me said: THAT IS ABOUT TO CHANGE! I'm so glad to have met you because you always read THE BEST books and you're always so brutally honest in them which is why I know when I should read a book and when I should try to stay far away from it! Thank you lovely! Xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that you are including bloggers and characters and not just book/authors. What a great idea! I already know Tika but the others ladies are new to me. I'll definitely be checking them out, though. I'm always happy to find new bloggers/blog that are recommended by someone I know.

    Tanya @ Girl Plus Books

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this, Jaz! :D I know Tika and Keionda - nice to meet y'all, nevertheless. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great post you did! I visited some of this blogs, and what can I say? You're great guys! Thank you all for blogging!:)

    ReplyDelete