Monday, January 25, 2016

Misconduct by Penelope Douglas Book Review

23605463
BLURB
From the New York Times bestselling author of the Fall Away series who never fails to deliver a “powerfully written contemporary love story…”* 

Former tennis player Easton Bradbury is trying to be the best teacher she can be, trying to reach her bored students and trying to forget her past. What brought her to this stage in her life isn’t important. She can’t let it be. But now one parent-teacher meeting may be her undoing…

Meeting Tyler Marek for the first time makes it easy for Easton to see why his son is having trouble in school. The man knows how to manage businesses and wealth, not a teenage boy. Or a young teacher, for that matter, though he tries to. And yet…there is something about him that draws Easton in—a hint of vulnerability, a flash of attraction, a spark that might burn.

Wanting him is taboo. Needing him is undeniable. And his long-awaited touch will weaken Easton’s resolve—and reveal what should stay hidden…
REVIEW
FOUR OUT OF FIVE STARS

And...I'm still smiling. Yup, that's right folks. I read a book, and I liked it. I'm in fact giving this one more than three stars. The clouds have cleared and the sun is shining--at least partially. :)

I really enjoyed this one. I think what I liked is how easy it was to read, how involving it was. I was totally enraptured. I am a thoroughly pleased reader.

Misconduct is what you charged with if you were a teacher and your crush was a super hot billionaire--that just so happened to be one of your student's parents.

What might seem taboo worked so well in this precarious romance. Tyler is a powerful man. Building upon his own foundation despite his silver spoon in mouth background--he's made a name for himself, despite it all. He's worked hard and he's well on his way. Oh, but there's his son who he barely knows--that now lives with him but despises the ground he walks on.

Things are complicated, and Easton further complicates them. They meet by a chance at a fancy masquerade party--and their paths cross quickly, repeatedly--and things get out of control.

What I liked most about this was the banter between Easton and Tyler, it wasn't the laugh out loud kind but they met their match in each other--and I enjoyed watching how it all went down.

They were both strong characters, Tyler was arrogant but appealing--and Easton was headstrong and never whiny. They were perfect for each other and it read well. The fact that nothing about it was perfect kept it thrilling--and it wrapped up nicely. It was well done--and dear I say--very good.

Without going on and on about this I'd highly recommend it. I was a little weary after developing a hate relationship with Rival--I thought it would disappoint. But it in fact lives up to the many five star reviews that are all over Goodreads. Douglas proves she knows romance, and can tell a tale any one can relate to and/or appreciate. It gets two thumbs up from me! 

9 comments:

  1. Yay for finding a book that you enjoyed after such a long time. I tend to struggle a bit with Penelope Douglas' books. I've loved some and hated some, which is why I decided to wait before I pick this one up. I love that both these characters are strong. And the banter sounds really good too.
    I'm glad you enjoyed this so much, Jazmen! :)
    Wonderful review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Read great reviews for this one! I'm on the holds list at the library, but I can't wait to read it. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! So glad you found one you liked. This is on my wishlist so hopefully I can get it at some point. Great review!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stop the presses! We've got a 4 star review. :) I've kind of seen this one around but hadn't even read the synopsis until now. I like how it sounds like the two MC's are well matched and it sounds like Easton has some backbone. Hope this is the start of a good reading streak. :)

    Tanya @ Girl Plus Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you said you were enraptured by this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. breaking out of your 3 star-reads, I see! Good for you. You got me curious about this one. Confession: I'm a sucker for billionaires. hahahah!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great review! This one definitely looks good. I'll have to add it to my to read list on Goodreads!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay, I'm so happy you found one to break the slump! I've read a couple other of her books and have enjoyed most of them so I'll probably check this one out, too :) Nice review!

    ReplyDelete