Thursday, December 31, 2015

Five Bookish Things I Can Do Without in 2016--And My Thanks To You, Yes You!

I just wanted to take a minute to thank each and every person for their comments, their cheers of likes and dislikes, anything you've ever done to support my blog this year--both new and old.

There are a million and one blogs out there and you visit mine--so besides being amazingly awesome--you're obviously smart too. LOL. I kid. But thanks it rocks my world!

THANK YOU!

I'm looking forward to what 2016 has to offer both for this blog and outside of it!

Now that that's out of the way ( I seriously love you all) let's get to this post. Here are five things I can do without in 2016:

Things I can do without in 2016:
ARCS--I  am still reading ARCS I got in 2012. 2012! That is nuts. Just outright nuts and unnecessary. I get all Lord of the Rings precious--gotta have it when I see these books and it has completely overwhelmed me. It has changed my enjoyment of reading--and reading has begun to feel like a job--and I never wanted that. So, I am narrowing down how many I take on in 2016 for sure! I mean the point is to read and review, and enjoy. Who doesn't love getting free books--or books before they release? Right? I know. I am right with you but I just took it way too far.
WAY TOO FAR!

Book Blogger Drama: 

For the life of me I can't figure out why a bunch of bookworms have so much drama. Shouldn't our heads be in our books and not up our butts. Why are we being so mean towards one another? It isn't necessary--and we're way cooler than that. So stop it guys. No fighting over ARCS, or blog topics, or posts--or whatever. We're all in this together. Peace and love, people. Peace and love. 

Cancer in YA: I don't want to seem cold-hearted here--because cancer is very real, and a very real threat. I lost someone to cancer so I'm not downplaying the severity of it--but authors, please, move it along. People suffer from all kinds of diseases, and deformities. I'd love to see the light be placed on other struggles, help us to understand other things besides teens with cancer.

Stepbrother Romance: For the love of Pete, whomever Pete may be--please stop writing these stories. I get it, okay. I know that these two people are not technically related and it seems taboo--and that makes it intriguing, BUT if I have to see it one more time I think I'll snap. If you're gonna serve me jerk, you better serve him right!



20 comments:

  1. I'm definitely on board with the less ARCs. I love reading books before they release, but I'm not gonna be requesting more than a handful this year. I have wiped out a lot of the ARCs I have, so that's good. I miss reading and blogging about the books that I own. I didn't start this journey to let the ARC madness take over. So, less ARCs for me in 2016.

    I so wasn't aware of how much drama is in the book blogging world. People who love books actually get mad about others getting them? Where they do that at?!! I can do without cancer in any genre. I'm a blubbering mess when I read those because my Mom died of it 3 years ago. I read TFIOS a few months after she passed, and I thought I would cry myself to death. There have been others, but that one wrecked me. I'd love to read about other issues as well. I've not read any of those stepbrother romances yet. I know that I have some on my ereader, but I just haven't read them.

    Less stress, less ARCs, and less drama in my 2016. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GIRL! I went way overboard when I first started blogging so I had well over a 100 books to review so I'm definitely cutting back. I'm just catching up from 2012! 2012!@$ So yeah, stopping that.

      Yes people have drama in this world. It amazes me the things I see people bicker about.

      I'm really sorry about your Mom. I can't imagine how you feel but I'm glad to see you're doing well--at least from what I can see. Here's to an amazing 2016!

      Delete
  2. Awwwwwsome post! Those ARC's are great, but taken too far they can suck all the enjoyment out of reading. There are so many books on my TBR with older pub dates, so I try to keep my review books to a minimum. The drama was what made me stop blogging previously. I was never a target, and I was never involved, but I was just exhausted from it all. I manage it now by removing the offending blogger from my news feed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANKS! ARCS are way overwhelming. It's nice to see I'm not the only one who feels that way. I've never been a victim of the drama but I've been around it way too much!

      Delete
  3. Hahhahahah! Drama to the left. To the left. My real life is plenty dramatic as it is. So yeah, no thank you. I have a morbid curiosity with step siblings romance. I'm a sicko like that. Sigh.

    Have a great 2016, Jaz! Looking forward to reading your fantastic reviews and perspective on things - bookish and non-bookish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy. I am ready to see your amazing posts as well. I don't hate the step brother romance but there's an art that goes into it and most people don't get it right!

      Delete
  4. Yes on less ARCs! I've stopped requesting from netgalley because I need to read all the books I own. That I paid for with my own money!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, I haven't seen any book blogger drama. Thank goodness because I don't have time for that. Mostly everyone I've talked to is pretty chill. :) Hopefully in 2016 you won't encounter any drama. Happy new year!

      Delete
    2. I know right. I bought all kinds of books with my pennies and have yet to read them!

      Delete
  5. Seriously on the ARCs. I already have too many for 2016. Gah. I don't understand the blogging drama and stay FAR away. Also cancer in YA can totally take a break. Have a wonderful New Year's!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I have a few for 2016 but I am at my cut off I cannot deal with too many more ARCS! I just can't.

      Delete
  6. This post made me laugh! I think I could do with less of all of these too - how about billionaire stepbrothers? I mean, we can throw another trope in there too, right? LOL!

    http://feedyourfictionaddiction.com/2015/12/december-and-year-end-wrap-up-round-up.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for my random link - I pasted and hit Publish without looking at what I'd just pasted first! Oops!

      Delete
    2. Yeah how about less billionaires all together, way overdone!

      Delete
  7. Great post, Jazmen! I'm with you on the ARCs. Sure it's hard to pass up *free books* (oooh ahhh!) but I found that I was ignoring books I was truly excited about for mediocre books just because they were there. Nope. I put an end to that. I tend to remain blissfully unaware og blogger drama. I'm a small blog and maybe I don't follow the ones who get into the drama, but wherever it is... just why? It's books, people. Chill.

    Tanya @ Girl Plus Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tanya! Yes ARCS need to fall all the way back on the list of must haves./Drama in the book blogging world makes no sense, right?!

      Delete
  8. I luckily stay out of most drama because I am just completely oblivious, but honestly I totally agree. Leave the drama out!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings Enter my 2nd Annual Blogoversary Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lmao stepbrothers are so overdone! I agree with all of these things - especially the cancer in ya. I would like to see other disorders brought into young adult. :) Ad mg the ARCS...it's so embarrassing how fast they pile up ;-;

    ReplyDelete
  10. "Shouldn't our heads be in our books and not up our butts."

    Hahaha! For real. I don't even keep up with what's going on most of the time. Leave me in my happy little world with the non drama lamas. lol

    ReplyDelete