Friday, November 20, 2015

Twisted Fate by Norah Olson Book Review

22171558
BLURB
Two sisters. One mysterious boy.

Ally and Sydney couldn't be more different—one shy, the other popular and outgoing—and when a new boy moves in next door, tensions between the sisters escalate. Graham is attractive, peculiar, and perhaps a little dangerous, and both girls are drawn to him in ways they can't quite explain. As each girl's relationship with Graham unfolds, the more complicated the truth becomes—until a shocking encounter turns their sleepy coastal town upside down and questions everything the sisters thought they knew about themselves and each other.
Told in alternating points of view by a wide cast of characters, Twisted Fate is a tensely wrought psychological thriller, perfect for fans of We Were Liars by E. Lockhart.

REVIEW
*A special thanks to the publisher for this review copy*
FIVE OUT OF FIVE STARS
Haunting, chilling, disturbing--all words I'd use to describe this book. It's the morning after and I'm still thinking about it. Still trying to find the right words to describe what I just read--because quite frankly it feels inexplicable.

I didn't really know what I was getting myself into with this one. I think I had a different idea in mind and it actually was for the best--because what I came out with was nothing short of stunning.

This book is one giant mind screw. You kind of have ideas of what you think is going on, but unless you're Sherlock Holmes--what you get will surprise you. I got to the end and was like...


I hadn't realized what I was dealing with and even now I'm like how did I not see that. I feel like I'm being very vague but so was the book. It was all creepy dark corners, and side eye glances. I just didn't know what to expect and I was expecting it--I just wasn't sure what to expect. 

So let me give you a gist of what went on.

There are sisters, Ally and Syd--one older the other obviously younger--about two years between them, in age. But, in reality they were light years apart. One was bad, the other good--and time, friends, lifestyles, and boys kept them apart.

Graham--Graham just moved into town, right next door to the sisters--and he's seems like trouble dressed up in a nice package right from the start. One sees it the other doesn't--and it causes a rift. One sister thinks he's this charming sweet thing, the other think it's a facade. It becomes a lot of back and forth but the bigger question is who was right?

That's the thing you'll have to read to find out--I promise you, you'll wait for that answer but if you're anything like me, you'll be shocked and maybe a little awed.

I will say this it does take a while for it to all come together but because of it's intriguing and thrilling readability--the wait didn't bother me much. 

For once the blurb is pretty on the money--it definitely gave me that We Were Liars, Mara Dyer feel, and I'm glad for it. 

I'm really not being all that helpful in telling you what this book is about but it's one of those books where if you say too much, you've given the story away. 

For me it was a winner, and it's definitely one of my favorites of this year. Even if I did look like this after I finished reading it...

10 comments:

  1. I've seen this book around, and I've been debating whether to read it or not. Well, problem solved! After your review, this is going on my TBR list!
    ~Erika @ Books, Stars, Writing. And Everything In Between.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this so sounds like the read for me! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woah. Great review, by the way! I'm definitely adding this to my TBR!!

    Denise @ I am Shelfless

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally hadn't heard of this one before. I love a giant mind screw though. Totally understand having to be vague with a book like this. Will have to check this one out. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sold sold sold sold! I need to read this book stat! I had not heard about it up until now but you've got me all curious and excited. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, I absolutely loved the twisty mind f*@# that was Mara Dyer so if it's anything like that, I'll have to read this one. Great review! ~Pam

    ReplyDelete