Monday, November 23, 2015

Top Ten Clues You're Clueless by Liz Czukas


BLURB
Top Five Things That Are Ruining Chloe’s Day

5) Working the 6:30 a.m. shift at GoodFoods Market

4) Crashing a cart into a customer’s car right in front of her snarky coworker Sammi

3) Trying to rock the “drowned rat” look after being caught in a snowstorm

2) Making zero progress with her crush, Tyson (see #3)

1) Being accused—along with her fellow teenage employees—of stealing upwards of $10,000 

Chloe would rather be anywhere than locked in work jail (aka the break room) with five of her coworkers . . . even if one of them is Tyson. But if they can band together to clear their names, what looks like a total disaster might just make Chloe’s list of Top Ten Best Moments. 


REVIEW
 
*A special thanks to the publisher for this review copy*
What a fun book! After reading Czukas' first book I knew that I would enjoy this book and I was right. I did enjoy it. I really did. 

Top Ten Reasons Why I Loved This:

1. Diversity, diversity, diversity. This book has a cast full of characters--from all walks of life. We have the rich and the not so rich. The brave and the shy. The black and the white. The spanish and the lebanese. The author pulled no stops in creating a cast of characters that gave us diversity--real diversity. Diversity I could relate to.

2. This book made me think of The Breakfast Club which is one of my most favorite movies. Like in The Breakfast Club, the characters live in the same world, work at the same job as opposed to a school--and couldn't be any further apart. But life had a funny way of bringing them together--through theft.

3. The love interest Tyson--he was black. I'm super stoked about that. You have no idea. I mean let's be honest--we don't get that enough. Not only was he black--he wasn't painted as a stereotypical black guy, so that's a win for me.

4. The supermarket backdrop--For some reason I really liked this. It wasn't about a party, or a high school--it was just a bunch of young kids working in a supermarket, and everything that it entails. It was fun.

5. It's during Christmas--I am a total Christmas lover. I love, love, love christmas. The warm fuzzy feels, the songs, yes the songs. I love it all.

6. Humor--The book is not slap your knee, bent over funny but it was amusing--and I dug that. I'm always up for a laugh. 

7. Our MC, Chloe. She was really fun. She was awkward, and nerdy--and always spoke out of turn but I loved that about her. I found her easy to relate to--and fun to read about. 

8.The relationships--Everyone started off as cordial coworkers, not really connecting with one another. Just coexisting but throughout the book they developed friendships over mutual interests, and surprisingly similar wants and desires. 

9. The tame mystery-the plot was no Gone Girl but I liked the lingering mystery, who stole the money? Did one of them do it? I liked it, the solution seemed pretty obvious but I liked it. 

10.The conclusion--it made me smile. I liked that things wrapped up the way I wanted it. 

All in All Top Ten Clues You're Clueless was such a fun book. It was light hearted, and quick to read. The characters were fun and it made me feel good--so that's a win in my book.

11 comments:

  1. I remember reading this and having fun with it, glad you enjoyed it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! I have a copy of this one and I'm planning on reading it in December. I love the sounds of it and I think it will be the perfect fluffy and fun book to read over Christmas. Your review has made me even more excited to read it.
    Cassi @ My Thoughts Literally

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like there's so much to love about this book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe I haven't read this yet. I also didn't realize it was set over Christmas time. That's awesome!! There are NOT enough winter books. Cute review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, this sounds so fun! I can't even believe I haven't heard of this book before! :O Great review, Jazmen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had me at breakfast club and diversity. This sounds awesome. I can't believe I haven't heard if it or seen it around yet. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really want to read this. I read a different book by her and loved it, so I know she can be humorous. Which I love.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw this book at my public library a few weeks back, and would have checked it out if I did not already have my hands filled with books. Now though, I think that I am going to check it out very soon. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  9. First of all, I LOVE the title. Quite catchy and fun to read out loud. I better add it to my tbr because I love funny books and the supermarket setting sounds fun. Reminds me a bit of Paper or Plastic by Vivi Barnes which also happens to be set on a supermarket, but totally different plot. Anyways, so glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It sounds great! Thank you for sharing this.
    Congrats being featured I follow you via email,here id my FF:
    Silvy @https://silvybooksaremylife.wordpress.com/2015/11/27/feature-and-follow-50/

    ReplyDelete