Monday, November 9, 2015

Nuts by Alice Clayton Book Review

BLURB
From New York Times bestselling author Alice Clayton, the first in a brand-new romance series telling the humorously sexy tale of Roxie, a private chef who gets a taste of love—but is it to stay, or to go?

After losing almost all of her clients in one fell swoop following an accident involving whipped cream, private chef to Hollywood’s elite Roxie Callahan gets a call from her flighty mother, saying she’s needed home in upstate New York to run the family diner. Once she's back in the Hudson Valley, local organic farmer Leo delivers Roxie a lovely bunch of walnuts, and soon sparks—and clothing—begin to fly. Leo believes that everything worth doing is worth doing slowly…and how! But will Roxie stay upstate, or will the lure of West Coast redemption tempt her back to Tinseltown?

REVIEW
I want to start off by saying Nuts is not Wallbanger. I don't think anything can top Wallbanger BUT,  I will say this definitely gives you that Wallbanger feeling. Why? The humor. It wasn't nearly as funny but it definitely had me chuckling and smiling quite a bit. It's humorous. I mean Alice wrote it.

Roxie: Roxie is why I enjoyed this book so much. She's funny, and very down to earth. I loved the fact that she was a cook, who lived in Cali, feeding the rich and famous. But she also had her small town, down to earthness inside of her. She was a well-rounded character. And boy was she funny. Her little quirks and comments made me laugh. Don't even get her started on bees. She's my spirit animal in that regard. She just gets it.

Then of course there's Leo: (I'm going to go through this quick, no needs to make this review too lengthy.) Leo is hot, he's smoldering hot. He's a down on his knees, hard working man--which I for one find so attractive. Nothing like a man not afraid to get his hands dirty and put in some work. He's charming and not at all conceited about it. He's amusing and very very laid back. He's just oozes small town, hard working, hotness. And between him, and Roxie there's nothing but chemistry.

Their romance kind of happens quickly but because the way the story is set up, it works. It makes sense, and there's no shortage of build up, and chemistry--so no complaints from me. 

The secondary characters are all important and play their roles but I won't go into detail about them. I'll just say they play their roles well, and they totally made sense. 

Overall, I definitely felt like Alice was back with this novel, because I wasn't too thrilled with the the books  that came after Wallbanger--this is my opinion solely based off the book that came after Wallbanger. Just the one book, so yeah maybe my opinion doesn't count. But, still I was like where's Alice, and she's definitely here in this book. The humor and what not that's classically Alice is in this novel--and I thoroughly enjoyed it. 

This book was sexy, funny, and spicy, and it made me oh so hungry. Very well done!

16 comments:

  1. Yay! Glad to hear good things. I love her humor in books. Can't wait to pick this one up! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really do need to read this, it sounds like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still haven't read Wallbanger (I've heard mixed things about it) but I think I'm going to have to pick it up! Maybe I'll read this one first and then Wallbanger since it sounds like this one wasn't quite as amazing as it :) Thanks for the great review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have Wallbanger somewhere, but I haven't read it. To be fair, I read it in its fanfic form, so that's why I'm not all that gung-ho to read it. I am familiar with the author's humour though, so I can see why this one would be funny as well (though not as).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still need to read Wallbanger, I've heard great things about it. Glad you enjoyed this one, great review! ~Pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Leo sounds all types of delicious girl! I'm also attracted to hardworking men, so I know for a fact I'll be swooning over him. You know how much I love to grub, so anytime there's a story with characters that are chefs, or if they just love to cook in general, I'm all over it! I definitely need to read this and Wallbanger, but Wallbanger first of course!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl I'm going to get on you if you do not read Wallbanger.

      Delete
  7. Sounds like a great read, tho I still need Wallbanger! I love the cover. Nuts. Heehee.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved Wallbanger! The second story, not so much, but reading about Clive and his harem was fun, haha! I need to catch up with the series, though I'll probably pick this one up first. Leo sounds yummy, haha! Great review! :D

    ReplyDelete