Thursday, October 15, 2015

Beyond The Books--5 Things I Can't Stand


Beyond the Books is a meme created by Kissin Blue Karen, that gives bloggers an opportunity to talk about the stuff beyond the books. This weeks question is: Five Things You Can't Stand/Hate/Abhor--whichever word you choose.

1. Dirty Bathrooms and/or Kitchens

This is not acceptable, and there is no leeway for this. I can't stand feeling like I can't easily maneuver or walk around a bathroom or kitchen freely--without feeling like I'm going to catch some communicable disease. These areas touch your mouth and your bottom in some shape or fashion--so dirt is unacceptable. I feel icky just talking about it.

2. The smell of ketchup
This is a weird one because I sometimes have the desire to eat ketchup, but if I smell it, Lord help us all--because I just might gag and die right on the spot. Something about the smell of it makes my stomach do flip-flops.

3. People who just won't take no for an answer

What part of no is troubling. It's only two letters, and even babies are saying that before they can say anything else. I can't stand when people just can't take the no I've given, bag it up, and walk away with it. Now persistence is helpful when finding a job, or starting a business, or asking Robert Pattinson to marry you but, asking me out, or for a bite of my sandwich--and I said no--you must take that no. Sheesh, it's my right you know!

4. People touching me without my permission

I honestly don't know how pregnant women do it. People are always reaching out to touch their bellies without asking. Yes, it's a baby in there, no you can't touch it. I don't like my space invaded, and if people reach out to touch me without my permission. I will put that matrix lean back to shame. Just don't.

5. Inconsiderate People
This is one of my biggest pet peeves, where do you get off finishing my bag of potato chips without considering to even leave me one. Or, no excuse me I wasn't using that stapler with my name stenciled in glitter and gold--you can walk away with it and not bring it back. Or, no I don't need to hold onto that pole on the train so I don't fall--I was practicing my tight rope act. PEOPLE you are not here alone, you do not own everything. Just be considerate, it's really not that hard. 

12 comments:

  1. Oh my heck the pregnancy belly thing was the worst when I was pregnant! You seriously wouldn't believe how many strangers, STRANGERS! would come up to me and touch my stomach. It was so uncomfortable and awkward. I mean would you randomly go up to a stranger and touch their unpregnant belly? No, so don't touch mine just because there is something in there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It's like really don't touch. NO REALLY DON'T. I feel your pain!

      Delete
  2. The smell of ketchup hahaha! Love that!
    I don't even like to be standing that close to others otherwise be okay with them touching me haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what it is. I just cannot stand the smell. Lol.

      Delete
  3. Ugh. Dirty bathrooms are the worst! And only 5 things? Gah. I could go on and on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha ... oh jeez. Sometimes I told a couple strangers who went in for a touch I wasn't pregnant. I so obviously was, but it made them uncomfortable. And it was funny. Now I want to go smell my ketchup though. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm okay with touching, so I didn't mind the pregnancy thing - but I could definitely see how it could drive some people crazy!!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  6. #3, 4, and 5 all the way! People who won't take no for an answer are just annoying. I usually try to be subtle at first and politely decline in a nice way but after that it's a flat out no. And then all of a sudden they think I'm the devil or something because no one is EVER supposed to tell anyone no! Heaven forbid that actually happen! Personal space is also so important to me. I'm fine with my friends hugging me or whatever but if it's a completely random person who hugs me out of the blue, prepare for some nasty language! Inconsiderate people are also terrible. The world doesn't revolve around you! Learn some humility and manners!

    Okay, rant over :)

    But seriously, sometimes I just can't handle people!

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dirty bathroom and kitchens - well I totally agree with that. In fact I like my entire house to be organized. I am not saying that I am not messy but I like to make a mess in an organized way.... I don't know if you or any one will understand this :D :D But, to sum it up is that I want my place to be clean
    And the smell of ketchup is the best one :D This is really unique! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahahah I STRUGGLED to keep from laughing at work! The dirty/bathroom and ketchup things combined with the Grinch gifs made me silently LOL. And I totes agree with you with dirty places. ;)

    ReplyDelete