Thursday, September 24, 2015

Get To Know Me: Five Bookish Confessions

1. I absolutely love the Twilight movies. Yes, you heard me right. I am a Twihard. Yes, I am one of those people. 
I watch the movies repeatedly, whenever the mood strikes me. And it strikes me often.  Don't even get me started when it's raining and thundering--that is the most appropriate weather for the movies. So, there you have it. Let the unnecessary hate commence. 

2.  I'll probably never read Harry Potter
I can hear the gasps all over the land. But, I have to be honest with myself. I just feel like I missed the mark, and I don't think I'll ever find it. Because no matter how many times I see the book I do not pick it up. I don't think it's gonna happen guys. 

3. I can't buy series books that are not the same. 
What am I talking about? Let me explain. I bought the first Infernal Devices book in hardcover and I haven't bought any of the others because I can't find the others in hardcover at a decent price. So I haven't bought it. (Those new covers, though) I just don't like series to be different sizes or editions. It makes me kind of nuts. Because then it can't be displayed. So no to different covers. They need to be all paperback or all hardcover. Yay for unity. 

4.  I would love to create a Booktube but...
I sometimes feel like the most awkward person on earth. Talking to myself while in front of a camera, to people who may never listen, makes me feel some kind of awkward.

But the biggest reason is because of my voice. I swear it sounds like my nose is so high up it's on my forehead. I swear I have the most pretentious voice ever. I just recently (1-3 yrs ago) discovered that while recording a youtube video for a journalism class. I was like ick, who's the stuck up girl? Oh, right that's me. 

5. I don't like Shailene Woodley as Tris. 
Yup, I said it. I just find her action acting skills to be less than stellar. When she shoots or throws punches. I'm just sitting there like yeah, okay.  I totally believed that. 

26 comments:

  1. All of your confessions made me crack up lol I too probably will never really read Harry Potter and I too feel like I'm way too awkward for booktube :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL some of these made me laugh and there is never anything wrong with a comfort read or movie! I have tons of them! Ironically enough, the H.P. series is one of them in both movies and books! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. I still haven't sat through the movies but maybe those I'll get to.

      Delete
  3. I can relate to #3 the most. I have a few series with different cover editions and honestly it pains me to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the Twilight films. They are so bad they are good. I haven' but think I will get to Harry Potter but I think I will do an audio binge for them. I could never do book tube. WAY too awkward. Love this post!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I like this! Do you mind if I do something like this, too? ;p

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, I should do something like this on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I get what you mean about wanting to start a Booktube! I really want to, but when I actually think about it, I keep going to, "what would I do? I'm so awkward and no one would really be interested." I'm also in the same boat as you when it comes to buying books that are the same! I absolutely hate it when I have a series, but they're a mismatch collection of hardcovers and paperbacks. Just...no. *shudders*

    ~Erika @ Books, Stars, Writing. And Everything In Between.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's like why would people want to see me? And mismatch collections are the devil's work.

      Delete
  8. Awesome post, and I totally agree with #3. My confession: I am not a re-reader. (Hate me!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I get the HP confession. No matter how deep and wonderful those books are, it's hard to get into the fandom when it's too late. And that fandom is too huge and being a newbie will certainly be weird.
    I hated Shailene as Tris too! She didn't suit the character at all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lol, I feel the same way about Booktube. Sometimes it seems like an interesting thing to do, but then I remember what I look like on camera. Nobody needs to see that.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  11. 100% agree with Twilight. Lets all bask in the hate together, because as you said, when it's raining, it's the perfect time to watch them. i.e today :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. I seriously did not think of you as a Twihard. I'm lost for words by this confession. Also how could you not read Harry Potter? My mind is blown But I have to agree with you on the whole book unity thing. I hate when publishers decide to change a cover after I just brought the damn book. Also you're right about that Shan...I don't know how to spell her name...lol I don't see her as an action star. Who decided that shit?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute post! Hey, nothing wrong with the Twilight movies (or books). Before going to see the last movie at the theater, I had my friends come over and we watched all of the other movies again on DVD and then went to the movie. So much fun!

    My confession: I don't buy paperbacks. I just don't like them. Other than ARCs, I really don't have any and there are some series out there that I love, but didn't even come out in hardback (like Jennifer Armentrout's) and I'll only ever have the Kindle version (which doesn't even feel like I own the book, really). ~Pam

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haha I actually really like the Twilight movies as well and I do enjoy the books. I have to say though, the first movie was definitely the worst for me and then they got slowly better. The Breaking Dawn movies are my favorites out of the series!

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm the same when it comes to having books the same editions. It's so frustrating because a lot of my books were given to me as gifts and people don't realize this quirk of mine. My Percy Jackson series is the worst for it - only the second, fourth, and fifth books are hardcover. The other two are paper back and it drives me mad looking at it on my shelf.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Agghhh! Yes to the different covers! I so hated when Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins was released in the new cover, when I wanted it to match my Anna and Lola books. It was so not fair. I also like the Twilight movies! They are a little silly, but I still enjoy watching them. I'm actually having a marathon with a friend on October 11. If you want to join... ;)

    ReplyDelete