Thursday, July 30, 2015

Wicked Charms ( A Lizzie and Diesel Novel) by Janet Evanovich and Phoef Sutton Book Review

BLURB
Lizzy and Diesel return once again in an all-new adventure in the #1 New York Times bestselling series from Janet Evanovich and her co-author, Phoef Sutton!

Murdered and mummified more than ninety years ago, bootlegger Collier “Peg Leg” Dazzle once found and re-hid a famous pirate’s treasure somewhere along the coast of New England. A vast collection of gold and silver coins and precious gems, the bounty also contains the Stone of Avarice — the very item reluctant treasure seeker, Lizzy Tucker, and her partner, Diesel, have been enlisted to find. While Lizzy would just like to live a quiet, semi-normal life, Diesel is all about the hunt. And this hunt is going to require a genuine treasure map and a ship worthy of sailing the seven seas . . . or at least getting them from Salem Harbor to Maine.

Greed is eternal and insatiable, and Lizzy and Diesel aren’t the only ones searching for the lost pirate’s chest. There are people who have dedicated their entire lives to finding it, and are willing to commit murder or make a deal with the devil, just to hold the fortune in their hands. One of those people may even be Wulf, Diesel’s deceptively charming and enigmatic cousin. Wulf desires the Stone of Avarice. He also desires Lizzy. It’s hard to say how far he’s willing to go to gain either one.

It’s a swashbuckling adventure full of raiders, monkeys, minions, and mayhem. Lizzy and Diesel are going to have to do everything they can to keep their heads above water and hope they are living a charmed life.

REVIEW
*A special thanks to Random House for this review copy!*
It's what you'd expect from Evanovich--good laughs, sexy seemingly unobtainable guys, risky adventures, and attempted murder.

I think over time despite there being only three books, I've grown to prefer Lizzy over Stephanie. Maybe it's the fact that I feel like I know all I want and need to know about Stephanie--Lizzy is still growing. It's that growth that gives me something to look forward to. I also kind of like the paranormal flair the Lizzy and Diesel Novels have.

The characters are quirky, and quite crazy, and well, funny. Sometimes, funny as hell. This book really tickles me, and I'm hopeful that the series will continue on at a faster  pace. These books are far and few in between, which is disappointing.

I loved Lizzy in this book. She was a woman of few words but she cracked me up and Diesel--he's hot and funny, a perfect combination.

The other characters, Rutherford, Glo, Joshua--all were a riot. I think I laughed every single time they spoke. I really enjoyed this novel, and I'm excited for the rest of this series. My hopes are that it will grow, and not just stay stuck. I'm thinking there will  be a love triangle, and I'm actually pretty excited about that. I think it will bring something to the series.

Can't wait! This was an all around great novel, that kept me laughing and kept me entertained.  It was worth the wait.

10 comments:

  1. She's one author whose work I've not checked out yet. She's written so many, though. I'm intimidated. :) But it sounds like they're something I could enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore her Stephanie Plum series and I have liked the novellas with Diesel in them so I really think I would like this series as well. Great review, I need to pick this up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to love Stephanie but I had to DNF 21. I couldn't anymore. Maybe I'll try this series so it's fresh again - Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I totally understand! Maybe you'll enjoy this one!

      Delete
  4. I haven't read thing by her yet! Is this the author that has the series where they're like 12+ books you were telling me about? I can't remember. I definitely need to add more adult to my collection, so I'll look her up and see where I want to start!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl start with Lizzie and Diesel. It's shorter and it's amusing!

      Delete
  5. Yeah, I may have to give this a try. I haven't read much of Janet Evanovich although I see her work all over the place. I did read the first in the Stephanie Plum series and liked that pretty well Fun stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, I remember reading the author's One For The Money series...I think I stopped after the series got into the teens haha. Since you like Lizzy better than Stephanie, maybe I should try out this series; I've seriously missed the author's writing. Great review!

    ReplyDelete