Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Miss Match by Laurelin McGee Book Review

BLURB
Welcome to the sexy, crazy, wildly unpredictable world of modern matchmaking, where fixing up strangers is part of the job--but falling in love is an occupational hazard…
HE'S THE PERFECT CATCH.
Blake Donovan is tall, handsome, rich, and successful--so why would a guy like him need a matchmaker? Andrea Dawson has no idea, but a job is a job. After being blackballed from a career in marketing, Andrea agreed to use her unique profiling skills to play matchmaker out of pure desperation. But when she meets her highly eligible--and particular--first client face to face, she wonders what she's gotten herself into…


IS SHE HIS PERFECT MATCH?
Blake knows exactly the kind of woman he's looking for--and it's the total opposite of Andrea. Though smart and undeniably sexy, she is simply too headstrong for a man who's used to being in charge. Still, Blake's blood pressure rises whenever she's near him. How can he explain the smoldering attraction that sizzles between them? And how can Andrea deny she's feeling it, too? Maybe, just maybe, they've finally met their match…

REVIEW
*A special thanks to St. Martin's Press for this review copy!*

I loved the overall concept of this novel. An untrained match maker, a sizzling slow-burning romance--all usual yeses in my book. And this book had a lot of yeses, but quite frankly Blake's attitude was a little off-putting--and this is coming from someone who loves jerks. 

I just found his whole stand-offish, I'm above everything attitude a bit much to handle at times. I mean he did soften a bit but there were times even I flinched.

Andrea, was sassy, and gave Blake a run for his money--which is always nice. Blake needed someone like Andrea to deal with, especially since he was used to getting his way. It was nice that she kept him on his toes.

The story itself was a quick read, and wrapped up nicely in a little HEA bow. It's a great read for romance lovers, and even doubters.

One Lucky Commenter will be entered to Win a Copy of Miss Match, courtesy of St. Martin's Press.
OPEN TO US AND CANADIAN RESIDENTS ONLY!
Lasts 1 week!

12 comments:

  1. If he was off putting and you love jerks, then I don't think this will be the read for me but I do love the whole match making concept behind it. Wonderful honest review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like jerks, and guys that have a bit of a standoffish attitude, but this guy seems a bit much to deal with. I'm glad she was able to go toe to toe with him because imagine if she couldn't! He would've completely ran her over. I'm going to need us to read something that would blow us away, I'm tired of all these 3 star and lower reads!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a decent quick read. I like romance stories so I would check it out as jerks in books don't bother me so much. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Personally, I didn't think he was a jerk on purpose, more a 'he didn't really know better jerk'. When Andy explained things to him, he did try and change his behaviors. Some of his foibles where actually kinda cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't personally agree but that's the beauty of books, we can read the same book and feel completely differently. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

      Delete
  5. Aw. Sorry it didn't quite work out for you. :/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you Jaz! I usually like jerkie standoff guys because they bring so much more to the table and they just make me swoon more. I'm glad the heroine gave him a run for his money! :) and yes, the concept is AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. I have no idea why my comment posted that many times?? Feel free to delete extras. Hehe sorry about that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like bad boys but not really into super jerks. Good thing the mc of this book was a strong one that could handle him! Great review, Jazmen ;)

    ReplyDelete