Friday, July 3, 2015

Flashback Friday--To All the New Adult I've Loved Before

So, I'm trying this new thing where I showcase books I've read in the past and enjoyed! I'd promise to be consistent with it, but my Momma told me lying is wrong. Lol. Today, I'm going to share a couple of NA titles I really enjoyed. I can hear the snorts and the eye rolls all over the world. I know so many of you have issues with New Adult, myself included but there are some gems out there guys, and I'm going to share a few I really enjoyed! (If this idea has been used before, I'm not stealing it--just using it ;) )

Only For You (For You, #1) by Genna Rulon
Only For You has good humor, great banter, and great characters. I'm not gonna tell you the story line is uber original but it reads really well.

Finding It (Losing It, # 3) by Cora Carmack
Cora has some really great books in this series but, Finding It, was my favorite hands down.  Because Jackson and Kelsey. But also because, Europe. It was beautifully depicted and I was in love with their travels.

Tangled (Tangled, #1) by Emma Chase.
I really loved that this one was told from the male POV. It's really funny, and passionate, and just an all around a great read. 

Sweet Filthy Boy (Wild Seasons, #1) by Christina Lauren
This is another book where I didn't find the plot line to be all that original but because of the banter, and the sensuality--it quickly became one of my NA favorites.


Wallbanger(Cocktail, #1) by Alice Clayton
I saved the very best for last. This book is hilarious. It's obscene and sexy, and just great, great reading--and there's even a really great cat!

7 comments:

  1. Hahaha! Your momma taught you well! I've been seeing Wallbanger around lately. I mean the book cover is something your eyes wouldn't miss LOL. Tangled sounds like a good read, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I really love your blog! I've nominated you for the Bookish Academy tag! See the rules here: http://lessrealitymorebooks.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sort of have a love/hate relationship with NA. The only one I've read here is Finding It and I enjoyed it. I tend to like the more light and fluffy, bantery NA versus the issuey NA. Thanks for sharing, I may have to check out Wallbanger. Have you read The Deal, by the way? One of my favorite NA. ~Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have wanted to read Wallbanger for a long while. Your little blurb makes me want it more. I actually have no problem with New Adult. I have read some remarkable books in the genre.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of Wallbanger but if it's got a good cat in it, I'm sold! I haven't read many books in the NA genre and I'm looking to try out some more books from that genre!

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great idea! I've been searching for new adult books to read and your post was really helpful :)

    Aeriko @ http://thereadingarmchair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete