Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday, #27


BLURB

A haunting and mesmerizing story about sisterhood, family, love, and loss by literary luminary Edwidge Danticat.

Giselle Boyer and her identical twin, Isabelle, are as close as sisters can be, even as their family seems to be unraveling. Then the Boyers are caught in a car crash that will shatter everyone's world forever.

Giselle wakes up in the hospital, injured and unable to speak or move. Trapped in the prison of her own body, Giselle must revisit her past in order to understand how the people closest to her--her friends, her parents, and above all, Isabelle, her twin--have shaped and defined her. Will she allow her love for her family and friends to lead her to recovery? Or will she remain lost in a spiral of longing and regret?

Untwine is a spellbinding tale, lyrical and filled with love, mystery, humor, and heartbreak. Award-winning author Edwidge Danticat brings her extraordinary talent to this graceful and unflinching examination of the bonds of friendship, romance, family, the horrors of loss, and the strength we must discover in ourselves when all seems hopeless.

Why I want to read this: Danticat, is most famous for her Oprah's book club pick book, Breath, Eyes, Memory. A brilliant and startling depiction of the transitional life of Sophie Caco, and her travels from Haiti to New York. Danticat is a great writer, so this was a easy pick!

15 comments:

  1. Hiii, I've nominated you for the Beautiful Bloggers Award :) Rules are on my blog: http://literary-lyobsessed.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/beautiful-bloggers-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is new to me. Love the cover and totally into the twin aspect. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cover is so nice and book looks good to. Thanks for spreading the word :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This doesn't sound likes it's the type of book I'm usually interested in, but if I was I'd be mad-scrambling to read Untwine because it looks amazing! I sincerely hope you absolutely adore it once you get your hands on it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds good! Hope you get your hands on it soon!

    -Ashley
    What's Your Story?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This book looks really good.
    Books about twins seem to be a popular storyline.
    Hope you enjoy this one!
    Olivia @ Fluttering Pages

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you end up loving this! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Back when I was pregnant with my oldest, I used to call her Danticat because I had a slight obsession with Breath, Eyes and Memory. Needless to say, heck ya, I'm looking forward to this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow!! This one sounds impactful and really inspires a journey of self-discovery for the main character. I can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't heard of this one but I'll have to check it out. Great pick! ~Pam

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a little hesitant, but it does look really good. I hope you enjoy it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This book looks very interesting! I have heard good things about the author and the plot has potential to be amazing.
    Blue Books and Butterflies

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've never heard of this one before. Sounds interesting. Hope you enjoy this! :)

    czai @ the Blacksheep Project

    ReplyDelete