Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday, #24



For fans of Stephen King, Neil Gaiman, Lois Duncan, and Daphne Du Maurier comes a powerhouse anthology featuring some of the best writers of YA thrillers and horror 

A host of the smartest young adult authors come together in this collection of scary stories and psychological thrillers curated by Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea’s April Genevieve Tucholke.

Each story draws from a classic tale or two—sometimes of the horror genre, sometimes not—to inspire something new and fresh and terrifying. There are no superficial scares here; these are stories that will make you think even as they keep you on the edge of your seat. From bloody horror to supernatural creatures to unsettling, all-too-possible realism, this collection has something for any reader looking for a thrill.

Fans of TV’s The Walking Dead, True Blood, and American Horror Story will tear through tales by these talented authors:

Stefan Bachmann
Leigh Bardugo
Kendare Blake
A. G. Howard
Jay Kristoff
Marie Lu
Jonathan Maberry
Danielle Paige
Carrie Ryan
Megan Shepherd
Nova Ren Suma
McCormick Templeman
April Genevieve Tucholke
Cat Winters

Why I'm waiting: This book is way out of my comfort zone but, I want to try something new--and it has a great compilation of authors.


15 comments:

  1. Ooo this sounds interesting! It's out of my comfort zone too but the authors are attracting me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I've never heard of this one, but it looks like it would be a great way to get me more into thrillers. It's definitely out of my comfort zone, too, but I've heard amazing things about so many of those authors.

    Erin @ The Hardcover Lover

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. I really want to check it out. I hope you get to do the same!

      Delete
  3. That cover though! :O I'm not fond of horror... Tika knows how I easily get terrified of stuff, lmao. But I'm intrigued, so I'm willing to step out of my comfort zone... just a little bit, though, lol. ;D Great pick, Jazmen!

    Blessie @ Mischievous Reads

    ReplyDelete
  4. I HAVE TO HAVE THIS BOOK! I haven't heard of it before now, and thank you for sharing it so i could discover! I love horror stories. I get scared way easy but i love it! I'm weird, lol.
    Great choice!
    -Amanda @ Hearts Reading

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy to help you find a book, you might enjoy! Hope you get this one!

      Delete
  5. O_O Cat Winters... I'm scared now. BYE!

    (I might try it.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't read anthologies but after seeing some of my fave authors here such as Cat Winters && Marie Lu, I knew I just had to read it! :D

    czai @ the Blacksheep Project

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh hello, creepy. Lol. I hope you'll enjoy this, Jazmen!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow! That's quite an impressive line-up.... I really can't wait to read this :) Awesome pick

    Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books

    ReplyDelete
  9. I *love* the walking dead! And woo this sounds exciting. I'm not one for anthologies, but I can see myself reading one short story at a time around Halloween. I LOVE horror. :D Mostly zombies, but still. It's been awhile since I've been scared from YA stories. So adding to Goodreads and looking out for it to release!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't heard of this book but I really want to read the stories the authors come up with! I've read books from quite a few of them and loved them! The cover is so creepy!

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, there are a lot of great authors. I'm not the biggest short story fan so I probably won't read this, but I hope you end up enjoying it. Great pick! ~Pam

    ReplyDelete