Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Almost 2 Years?--A Moment of Reflection and Thanks!


With my "blog-o-versary" creeping up on me, I thought I'd take a minute to thank everyone that has followed, liked, commented, even un-liked, and just wholly supported what I do here on, This Girl Reads A lot. When I started this blog I thought no one would ever see it, let alone read what I'm writing here. It's not where I want it to be but, boy did it grow.

Although I've always loved reading, the blog thing never crossed my mind, not until I had nothing but time on my hands. It just kind of clicked one day, and ever since then it has been both a pain and a joy in my life. (Way more joy than pain.) 

I've discovered new authors, great people, new friends and just opportunities I wouldn't have come across had it not been for the kind people I've encountered. You all rock my socks. I mean that literally. Every comment, every "Great review, Jazmen", every well wish--it has all been so great, and a balm of friendship during the rough patches in my life.


I may not remember to visit every single blog that has followed me but I try and make a conscious effort to support any blog that reaches out to me, and even those that don't. On a side note: If I haven't commented in a while charge it to my head and not my heart, because, I love you all.

For the ones I can remember right now, Pam from YAescapefromreality, Melissa, The Reader and The Chef, Ashtyn, Wonderland's Reader, Cassi, My Thoughts Literally, Val, Innocent Smiley--you guys have been frequent and constant visitors, and I love you for it. Pheniece, who wrote The Phoenix Rising for offering to send me my first hard copy review book, Anne Eliot, who is like the best author/friend/mentor ever ever, Czai from The Blacksheep Project, My new friend, Tika, Fangirl Confessions, girl you are just too funny. Thank you!

There are just far too many people to name, but thanks! 
THANK YOU!


I am loving this ride, and I can't wait to see where else it takes me. 

24 comments:

  1. Congrats! 2 years of blogging is a big deal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG OMG OMG OMG *claps* Happy blogoversary, and I'm so glad I met you on the blogging world. Absolutely love your blog and you were one of the first blogs that I started to follow. Keep being awesome Jazmen :D

    Alex @ The Book's Buzz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not yet but it's coming! Thanks so much, Alex! <3

      Delete
  3. Happy early Blogoversary :DD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy early blogoversay Jazmen! :D It's been an absolute delight to read your posts when I get the time. I hope you're not offended when I disappear off into reality and get swamped by Finals and other high school duties. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No way I understand totally. Thanks for being a constant visitor regardless!

      Delete
  5. How exciting!! Happy almost blogoversary, Jazmen!! I love love love your blog! It's one of the first I started following when I first started my blog. (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woohoo! Congrats on your almost blogoversary, Jazmen! *throws confetti and puts on party hat* I love your blog and your thoughts. If there's anyone out there that I can trust about book recommendations, it is you. ;) Here's to many more years of blogging and of book loving! ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Melissa. That means a whole heck of a lot.

      Delete
  7. Congratulation on blogoversaty, thats an amazing thing. I hope to read more from you xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two years…congratulations! Blogging is a lot of hard work, but also so much fun. Love your blog and I hope you keep going for many more years!!! ~Pam

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy blogoversary(almost), Jazmen!
    I have connected with you recently only and I like your reviews and blogs.
    And wow!! Two years!! Must have been a lot of hard work. Great going!!
    Hope your blog grows more and more in coming years!! :)

    Nita@www.book-choose.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy blogoversary! Keep up the awesome! :D

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
  11. HAPPY 2 YEAR BLOGOVERSARY! I hope you keep blogging forever <3 <3

    ReplyDelete