Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday, # 22

Fans of John Green's Looking for Alaska as well as Lauren Oliver and Sarah Dessen will embrace this provocative debut novel, an exploration of taboo love set against the backdrop of a suburban high school.

Charlie, a senior, isn't looking forward to her last year of high school. Another year of living in the shadow of her best friend, Lila. Another year of hiding behind the covers of her favorite novels. Another year of navigating her tense relationship with her perfectionist mom.

But everything changes when she meets her new English teacher. Mr. Drummond is smart. Irreverent. Funny. Hot. Everyone loves him. And Charlie thinks he's the only one who gets her.

She also thinks she might not be the only one with a crush.

In this stunning debut, Jessica Alcott explores relationships-and their boundaries-in a way that is both searingly honest and sympathetic.

6 comments:

  1. This was my WOW last week! It looks like it could be a great emotional contemporary read. I've never really read a book about a teacher/student relationship so I'm interested to see what I'll think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! I'm definitely waiting on this one! It sounds exactly like my type of book :)

    Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oohhh. This sounds interesting. I'll definitely keep my eyes out for this one. Nice pick, Jazmen! :)

    czai @ the Blacksheep Project

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh, taboo subjects.. I wonder how they will handle this since it's YA I believe. I do want to check it out - Thank you for sharing it <3 Benish | Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete
  5. This could be really interesting to read about... considering a similar situation recently came up at my school (didn't go well at all). I'm a little hesitant since I'm not a fan of Lauren Oliver or Sarah Dessen at all. :/

    Fab pick, Jazmen! :)

    ReplyDelete