Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Broken Juliet by Leisa Rayven New Adult ARC Review

How do you fix a love that’s been broken beyond repair?

For years, Cassie Taylor tried to forget about Ethan Holt. He was the one great love of her life, and when he failed to return her love, a part of her died forever. Or so she thought. Now she and Ethan are sharing a Broadway stage, and he’s determined to win her back. Claiming to be a changed man, he’s finally able to say all the things she needed to hear years ago, but can she believe him? What makes this time different from all his other broken promises?

Ethan knows he can’t change their tumultuous past, but if he’s going to have any chance of being with the woman he loves, he’ll need to convince Cassie that her future belongs with him. 

Don’t miss this stunning conclusion to the unforgettable love story that captivated over two million fans online.
A special thanks to St. Martin's Griffin for this review copy! THANK YOU!

Let's get right to it shall we? The emotions. That's what make this book a star. Aside from the totally down to earth, clever writing--the emotions that the characters go through is what makes this book so great, and what makes it totally worth reading.

New Adult I have to be honest has been letting me down quite a bit with the predictable bad boy, good virginal girl routine. Don't get me wrong it works sometimes, but definitely not all the time. 

Cassie and Ethan are somewhat the proverbial good girl bad guy, but they're more and that's why it works. What they feel for each other is a plethora of emotions I can only wish someone would ever feel for me.

In book one it was all about how much Ethan screwed up and in book two we're seeing the aftermath of his destruction--and how the two of them will continue on, and how. 

I definitely fell more in love with Ethan in this book. I didn't think that was possible. I know a lot of people won't appreciate the angst-y love these two share but for me it's exactly why I loved Cassie and Holt's love. It's so passionate, and what's love without passion?

I do have to say this book had far more angst than I prepared for even knowing the way these two were. It worked but I did find myself feeling like I wanted to slap the both of them and force them to work through whatever they were going through.

Cassie and Holt's story is one that touched my heart, the pain, the romance, the passion, the angst the everything. It touched me. I want what they have. I want it without the pain but I want it. 

No, I didn't love this book as much as the first, but there's nothing like watching a couple fall in love the first time--but despite that I did like watching them fight for their second chance which is why I gave it three and a half stars.

This is a solid love story with characters that I rooted for the entire way through. I recommend it to anyone who has doubts that NA can produce love stories that are worth rooting for. 

I really can't wait to read more of Rayven's work--and hopefully I won't have to wait that long. ;) 

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed this novel as well! I actually liked it better than the first novel, I found Ethan's character to be very realistic and passionate. His love for Cassie shows clearly, great review.
    Benish| Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't really read many NA, but it does seem like they have the same theme over and over
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, there is a lot of story overlap in NA but if it is done well, I don't mind reading the same kind of trope over and over again. Has to be done well though.

    I got this one for a surprise review, but I haven't read the first book in the series. Do I need to?

    Great Review!

    Michelle @ Book Briefs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely think you need to read the first one, or you won't really understand their story.

      Delete