Monday, March 2, 2015

For Authentication Purposes by Amber L. Johnson--A "Humorotica" Review


Dear Reader,


This book is not YA. Nope. It's for people 18+. It's humorotica. Silly smut. It's just...the acronym is FAP, people. If funny books with chapters and chapters of body contact is up your alley then maybe this is a thing you'd be down with.

***********
Dawn Sims has made a name for herself writing romantic fiction online. When she's pushed to try her hand at publishing, she thinks she has everything figured out. The only problem? She's never been in a relationship, especially one that has led her to finding The Big O. 


So much for writing what you know.



Warner Green has had Dawn in his sights since she walked into his class in seventh grade. She broke his teenage heart not once, but twice, so seeing her in his night class at the local community college was an unexpected surprise. 



Accidentally reading her bad erotica on her laptop was a blessing from the Smut Gods themselves.



It's clear she has no idea what she's writing about, but Warner does. In fact, he knows so much that he's willing to offer her his services. The deal is simple: teach the good girl from high school everything she needs to know to write from experience. If he gets to live out a fantasy or two that he's been harboring for almost a decade, then there's no harm in that either. 



The lessons turn more heated, and Dawn begins to question where Warner has learned his skills, but he's not ready to talk, until his past comes back to haunt him at the worst possible time. 



It shouldn't matter when it's for authentication purposes only.
What a fun book. Amber just has a way with characters. I'm saying this and I've only ever read two of her books, but I know good stuff when I read it. At least, I like to believe I do. 


I really enjoyed this book because of Warner Green. Dawn "Bunny" Sims was great to, but Warner was the story. Although he had somewhat of sordid, crazy past, he still managed to rise above it--and charm me of my feet. What I really liked about his character was of course his charm, but the fact that he was the one that was doing all the crushing--while Dawn was doing the brush off made for a nice switch.

What I also liked about Warner was the way he teased Dawn in his playful sexy way. He was fun to read and his exchanges with Dawn made me laugh. 

The highlights/strenghts of this book was the banter, and the sex between Warner and Dawn. It was amusing, and realistic. Laugh enducing, and hot. I think readers who enjoy erotica will really enjoy this read because it shows the inexperienced yet amusing side of things. 

It's not life altering but it's a good read that will make you laugh and fill your day. I'd recommend to erotica readers and even those who aren't but who don't mind some sex with good laughs. 

2 comments:

  1. Looks like I might enjoy this book. Will sure pick it up. And a great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read this one, but it sounds like a good read - I might check it out, love the review :) x Benish | Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete