Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Top Ten Books I'd Love'd to Read with my Bookclub


TOP TEN BOOKS I'D LOVE TO READ WITH MY BOOKCLUB

1. When I was Puerto Rican by Esmeralda Santiago

I needed to read this book for a course and I just found it so compelling that I went ahead and bought all of the other books. It is a memoir, so it is a true story, and it comes in three parts. It'd be nice to discuss this outside of the classroom.

2. The Catastrophic History of You and Me by Jess Rothenberg
I just loved this book and would love the chance to share it with a group of people.

3. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
Because, wow, because, Noah.

4. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
This story is something else, definitely discussion worthy.

5. The Shack by W.M. Paul Young
Amazing, amazing read, life changing!

6. Puddle Jumping by Amber L. Johnson

7. The Namesake by Jhumpa Lahiri

8. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson
This is a fantastic series, that touches on a lot of issues, and it'd make for great discussion.

9.Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James
For obvious reasons, this book would make for interesting discussion.

10. The Bread Givers by Anzia Yezierska




7 comments:

  1. I feel bad that I've never read The Shack. I think my grandma even gave me a copy once. When I was Puerto Rican looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's just say I've never read any of the books... except for maybe Fifty Shades of Grey. I'd have to say it would most CERTAINLY make an interesting discussion. And awkward. :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been meaning to read Puddle Jumping really badly! But I just have no idea where to find it. It would definitely be a good book club book

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unbecoming of Mara Dyer…would make a great book club book…so much to talk about! And yes, Noah!!! ~Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you mentioned The Namesake- I just picked it up a month or two ago and have been meaning to read it. I absolutely loved The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo despite my dislike of thrillers. It's controversial but completely enthralling.
    ~Litha Nelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved The Shack so much. Such a precious book and I've shared it with a ton of people. It's just a book that has to be read.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gone Girl has been on my TBR list FOREVER! I finally bought it and still haven't read it... I feel like a book club would be the perfect push to get it done.

    Emily @ Follow the Yellow Book Road

    ReplyDelete