Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Remember Me (Find Me, # 2) Bernard Romily Book Review


In the sequel to Find Me, Wick Tate, sarcastic teen hacker, is back and once again dealing with criminals and corrupt cops…and a brooding new love interest. Will Wick persevere when some secrets refuse to stay hidden?

Wick had thought her troubles were over.

But she should’ve known better.

Not only is she embroiled in a new murder case, which starts with a body with “Remember Me” carved into it and doesn’t stop there, but she also discovers new evidence surrounding her mother’s suicide…which leads her right back to her imprisoned deadbeat dad. And she has to deal with her flirty new hacker friend, Milo, sniffing around—which her boyfriend, Griff, isn’t too happy about.

The pressure might be too much as secrets—including Wick’s own—climb to the surface.

Remember Me is an edge-of-your-seat thrilling read that’ll have readers turning the pages at lightning speed! The paperback of Find Me is on sale simultaneously, and a digital original novella from Romily, featuring Griff, is on sale just a few weeks before!
*A special thanks to Harper Teen for this review copy!*
This was a great sequel to Find Me. I love the characters in this novel. They all have so much depth--they literally come off the pages.


Wick is brave in ways most humans can't be and I admired that about her character. She's fierce and I love her character in the way I loved, Lisbeth Salander, whom I think Wicket is the teenaged version of.

What makes this series so great is not only the characters but the smooth way Bernard writes the story, keeping the story readable throughout. She also kept the suspense growing which kept me intrigued for the entirety of the story, every chapter built up to the big reveal, and I have to say it did surprise me, the big reveal that is. I didn't expect it and that is key in a mystery.


I also liked the new characters, Miles. Miles was pretty much a jerk but he was a lovable jerk in his own way, and that is the best kind of jerk. I think his role in this story is only going to grow, and quite frankly I can't wait--I see good things in his future.


I just need more, so I can have answers. The way this book ended was not a cliffhanger but it definitely leaves the impression that there's more to this story and I can't wait to find out what it is. Definitely one of my favorite YA mystery/thriller/suspense novels. I can't wait for book three!

3 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed the first book, Find Me. I was planning to read this one soon, so I am glad to hear you enjoyed it. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love the cover of this book! I don't know much about this book other than the synopsis, and I haven't seen the first book. Maybe I need to check these books out :D

    Alex @ The Book's Buzz

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read the first book yet but by the sound of this one, it's definitely one I should pick up. Especially with all the awesome sounding characters :) Awesome review!

    ReplyDelete