Sunday, January 4, 2015

Reader Problems Tag


1. You have 20,000 books on your TBR. How do you decide what to read next?
I pick according to my mood and then I stick with it because if I don't I'll spend too much time trying to decide.

2. You're halfway through a book and you're just not loving it, do you quit or are you committed?
I am a committed masochistic reader. I've read plenty of books that I found to be literary torture but I stuck it out, it doesn't prove anything, but I stick it out anyway.

3.The end of the year is coming, and you're so close but so far away on your Goodreads reading challenge, do you try and catch up and how?
Being that the end of the year of has passed, this question is kind of pointless but I didn't bother trying to catch up. I was 48 books short. Not even the finest speed reader could have pulled that off.

4. The covers of your series do not match, how do you cope?
I shrivel up and die. No, I hate that. I usually just will not buy it unless it matches. It drives me kind of crazy if they don't.

5. Every one and their mother loves a book you really don't like. Who do you bond with over shared feelings?
I don't really bond with anyone over books I don't like because I'm usually the lone wolf.

6. You're reading a book and you are about to cry in public. How do you deal?
That has actually never happened, BUT, if it did. I'd close the book and stop reading. I will not cry in public. I. Will. Not.

7. A sequel of a book you love just came out, but you've forgotten a lot from the prior novel. Will you re-read the book? Skip the sequel? Try to find a synopsis on Goodreads? Cry out in frustration?
I'll do a little of crying in frustration but I'll probably start the sequel and keep hoping for something to click.

8. You don't want anyone borrowing your books. How do you politely tell them no?
I have this really cool thing I do when I don't want anyone to borrow my books. I look them square in the eye and say no.

9. Reading ADD: You've picked up and put down five books in the last month. How do you get out of a reading slump?
Try and try and try again to find something I'll like to read. It's hard but I'm usually able to find something at least mildly pleasing. Reading slumps suck.

10. There are so many books coming out that you're dying to read. How many do you actually buy?
None, because I'm broke. :(

5 comments:

  1. Fun post! I'm a big mood reader too, so that's how I pick what to read too. And yes, I hardly ever DNF a book, I just plow through. Usually I start skimming, though, to get to the end. I have a horrible book memory, so when a new book comes out in a series, if it's not on recaptains, I reread it. But I usually skim it. ~Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really fun post! I totally pick by mood too. When everyone loves a book that I hate I usually launch into a discussion about it lol

    Emily @ Follow the Yellow Book Road

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so fun, I love your answers! Definitely going to do this, too! And I totally feel you on that last one. I'm a broke college student. I needs more of the moneys, plz!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! There should be government supplied funds for book readers!

      Delete
  4. This is such a great post! Thanks for sharing with us your answers. I'm definitely adding this to my posts list. :) Lol at #8 and yes on #2 ^_^

    ReplyDelete