Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Dirty Rowdy Thing by Christina Lauren--New Adult Review


From the New York Times bestselling author of Beautiful Bastard, Beautiful Stranger, and Beautiful Player, Book Two of the brand-new Wild Seasons series that started with Sweet Filthy Boy--a story of friends, love, and lust.

Despite their rowdy hookups, Harlow and Finn don't even like each other...which would explain why their marriage only lasted twelve hours. He needs to be in charge and take whatever he wants. She lives by the want-something-done? Do-it-yourself mantra. Maybe she's too similar to the rugged fishermen--or just what he needs.

It was dirty, and rowdy but it wasn't totally my thing.

I don't have anything particularly remarkable or noteworthy to say about this novel because although I am a fan of most of Christina Lauren's novels--this one just didn't do much for me. 

Yes, it had the usual romance, steam, and humor--it just fell short in the areas it's usually the strongest. 

There was no buildup, at least none that I noticed. I love the way the Lauren team typically builds up the romance between characters, particularly with witty banter. They're stars at that but in this case although it was present--it didn't have that same pizzaz it usually does. There wasn't enough of it.

A lot of the "relationship" was already built, so that could have been it but, it didn't change how I felt. Sweet Filthy Boy is definitely the better of the two. It had all of what this one lacked which is a shame because I was super excited for this one.

I will say I loved the characters though, they fit together perfectly, maybe a little too perfectly. Although this one isn't my favorite, I can't honestly say I disliked this one. I just didn't love it. It does nothing to deter me from reading the next books in the series though, but I hope to see more of the Sweet Filthy Boy magic in the future Wild Seasons novels.

Note: This book leans way more toward erotica than previous Christina Lauren novels, there are far more sex scenes.

1 comment:

  1. I have yet to read any New Adult books, this one doesn't look like my cup of tea though since I'm not big fan of erotica novels and it sounds like there are better ones out there. Great review though, very honest (:

    ReplyDelete