Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday--Top Ten Contemporary YA Books I Read in 2014

Top Ten Contemporary YA Books I Read in 2014

1. The Astonishing Adventures of Fanboy and Goth Girl: An all around fun read, definitely more enjoyable than it may seem.
2. The Perfectionists: Although it was reminiscent of Pretty Little Liars, I found this one a little more enjoyable. There's a lot of twists that you don't see coming.  A great read.


3. My Life With the Walter Boys: So many book boyfriends, and great moments.
4. Sway: Very realistic, and easily lovable. Definitely one of the better contemporaries.
5. Kiss of Broken Glass: Loved this one. Read it in one sitting. Great writing!
6. Melt: Just loved this one, amazing writing, and great characters.


7. V is for Virgin: I really loved the characters in this one. Can't wait to read book two.
8. Swimming Through Clouds: One word. Lagan.
9. Say What You Will: I definitely didn't expect some of the things that happened in this book but the author really kept this book true to life.
10. Puddle Jumping--It was in the nomination rounds on Goodreads for nothing. This book is amazing. I'm so glad I discovered it on A Whimsical Reader blog. SO worth buying!

9 comments:

  1. I have not ventured out into comtemporary YA, but it seems like that the hottest Genre out right now!!! Some of these are on my TBR list however, because they been getting so much praise. Check out my TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to read My Life With the Walter Boys. I was just looking at V is for Virgin a few days ago but I can't remember if I added it to my TBR or not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe I haven't read any of these.....My contemporary loving self is shaking her head wondering how that happened! Glad to hear that The Perfectionists is better than PLL....Might give that one a try!
    Great list :-)

    Em @ http://theyabookbutterfly.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Say What You Will has like the prettiest cover and I want to read it simply because of that :)
    The rest have covers that come in as close second's. That's one of the things I love about contemporaries, their covers are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have to read Melt! One of my top contemporaries of 2014 has to be Aspen by Rebekah Crane. I had a lot of fun reading it. Oh, and Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are new to me, but they look good! Glad you enjoyed them :)

    Tina @ Pages of Comfort

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I've been meaning to give The Perfectionists a try. PLL was fun but it's been draging like 12 books too long IMO O_O I also really want to read My Life With the Walter Boys I've heard so much great things about it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I"m really glad you have Melt on your list, because I've been having mixed feelings about reading it BUT NOW I HAVE MOTIVATION! :) Sadly I haven't read anything else on your list though :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely going to check a few of these out! I loved Sway as well - it was such a great book!

    ReplyDelete