Monday, December 15, 2014

Bad Romeo--Leisa Rayven Advanced Book Review--New Adult Review


When Cassie Taylor met Ethan Holt at acting school, sparks flew. She was the good girl actress. He was the bad boy about campus. But one fated casting choice for Romeo and Juliet changed it all. Like the characters they were playing, Cassie and Ethan's romance seemed destined. Until he broke her heart and betrayed her trust. Now the A-list heartthrob is back in her life and turning her world around. One touch at a time. 


Cast as romantic leads once again, they're forced to confront raw memories of the heartbreaking lows and pulse-pounding highs of their secret college affair. But they'll also discover that people who rub each other the wrong way often make the best sparks.
Many thanks to St. Martin's Press for providing me with a copy of this book for review!
Holt and Cassie had enough energy swirling between the two of them to light the entirety of New York City's Time Square three times over. I mean talk about sexual tension. Tension almost seems too light a word to describe what was happening between the two of them. 

What I really liked about this book was that even though there was this slow burning fire thing going on between them it never got boring for me. It lingered, and lingered but it was hot enough to melt the panties off of anyone, and I mean anyone, maybe even a few boxers.

Holt had a energy about him that felt palpable even to me, as the reader. If I could harness some of the energy he had around him I could go for days without sleep. I loved his character. He was angry, and often bitter and I loved the hell of it. Even his swearing made me swoon. It was just something about the way he came off that I absolutely adored.

Cassie was quite frankly without Holt, the shining star. Her moments were some of my most favorite. She had the most awkward but amusing sense of humor, ever. She was down right comical without even trying. I think I highlighted a whole heck of lot of this, more than I usually do. 
I. Just. Love. Her.

I had a feeling I would enjoy this book and I was not at all wrong. I have to warn you about the ending, man that ending! Not only has it left me feeling swoony, it left me panting for more. Literally panting. I actually had to go back to make sure that it was actually over. I really wanted it to go on just a little more. The good thing is there will be a book two, and the bad thing is there will be a book two. Good because, YAY more, and bad because I have to wait. BOO to waiting!

Readers will adore Holt, laugh with Cassie, and swoon the entire time. I am SO excited for book two. I highly recommend this book to NA lovers and even those that are not, because it will make a lover out of you!

5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for such an amazing review! I'm honored! Hope you have a wonderful holiday season. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Gasp* I must check it out! Plus that cover is so darn pretty! So glad this book worked for you, when do you think the second book will be out? :) I hate waiting too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, please read it!

      Book two comes out in late April of next year!

      Delete