Friday, December 12, 2014

Ask Again Later by Liz Czukas Book Review


Despite what her name might suggest, Heart has zero interest in complicated romance. So when her brilliant plan to go to prom with a group of friends is disrupted by two surprise invites, Heart knows there's only one drama-free solution: flip a coin.


Heads: The jock. He might spend all night staring at his ex or throw up in the limo, but how bad can her brother's best friend really be?



Tails: The theater geek...with a secret. What could be better than a guy who shares all Heart's interests--even if he wants to share all his feelings?



Heart's simple coin flip has somehow given her the chance to live out both dates. But where her prom night ends up might be the most surprising thing of all...
This book was absolutely adorable--it had all the makings of a good contemporary, it was all light and airy and it made me feel good. The romance was perfectly timed even if a little predictable but most of the time you can see these kinds of things coming--this book was no different. But, I enjoyed it. I liked watching it all like a spectator.

The thing that made this book was the whole "heads or tails", alternating beginnings, endings, happenings, Basically our MC, Heart, is asked to the prom by two guys and she has no idea how to decide who to pick. So she decides to flip a coin, heads or tails, whichever way the coin flips decides who she goes with. But, luckily for the reader we get to see both sides play out side by side, chapter by chapter. It could have been confusing but it was written well and it read effortlessly.

I really liked Heart. She was really funny. She made the story downright comical. It wasn't a laugh a minute but I certainly laughed quite a bit, and it was all perfectly timed, that takes skill folks.

I adored her friends, they were so fun. Of course I liked her potential prom dates. I won't talk about them too much because it will give away too much of the story but, I'm happy with the way things turned out.

I think readers will find pleasure in the alternating prom dates, the humor, and the sweet, sweet romance. Her brother's a jerk, an endearing jerk, her father's a workaholic, and her aunt's overbearing. It all made for a light, fun read. It will make a great contribution to any library, contemporary fan, or not.

3 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed this one too~ The alternating chapters were a little confusing but overall it was really cute! I just really wanted Heart to realize it already haha.

    Eileen @ BookCatPin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard such good things about this book and I really want to read it. I love that it has alternating chapters!! That sounds so fun! I also can't wait for Top Ten Clues You're Clueless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooohhh sounds like something I'd like to read. I love adorable romance and the whole alternating story is a nice idea... glad it was written well :) I'm definitely adding this to my tbr list~

    czai @ the Blacksheep Project

    ReplyDelete