Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2014 End of Year Book Survey

Created by Perpetual Page Turner Blog

2014 Reading Stats

1. Number of books you've read: 152 of 200
I aimed for 200 and failed folks, but with those few reading slumps and distracted moments I had, I can't say I'm surprised. Next year I'm making that 200.
Re-Reads: None
Genre You read the Most from: Contemporary <3

2. Best Book You've Read in 2014?
If I was being forced to narrow it down to one it'd be:
Bad Romeo Leisa Rayven

3. Book You Were Excited about and thought you we're going to love more but didn't?
I've had quite a few of those this year but I'll choose one for the point of this survey:
After The End--Amy Plum

4. Most Surprising Book (in a good or bad way) you read in 2014?
Sway, really surprised me. I wound up loving it far more than I anticipated!

5. Best series you started in 2014? Best Sequel in 2014? Best series ender?
Best Series: The Unknown Assassin series by Allen Zadoff.
Best Sequel: A Touch Morbid by Leah Clifford
Best Series Ender: Still Point by Katie Kacvinsky

6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2014?
Selene Castrovilla

7. Best book from a genre you don't typically read/out of your comfort zone?
I don't really have a comfort zone for reading. I do enjoy certain genres more but I will not exclude any genre from my reading. But I guess now that I'm back into reading Mysteries since I haven't in a while I'll choose Gone Girl!

8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
I Am The Weapon Allen Zadoff

9. Book You read in 2014 that you're most likely going to re-read in 2015?
I don't re-read books, no time!

10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2014?

11.  Most Memorable Character of 2014?
Jessamin--Illusions of Fate

12.  Most beautifully written book of 2014?
Melt--Selene Castrovilla

13. Most Thought- Provoking/Life-Changing Book You've read in 2014?
Kiss of Broken Glass--Madeline Kuderick

14. Book you can't believe you waited until 2014 to read?
Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare

15. Favorite Passage/Quote from a book you read in 2014?
“Are you implying that shreds of my reputation remain intact?" Will demanded with mock horror. "Clearly I have been doing something wrong. Or not something wrong, as the case may be." 

He banged on the side of the carriage. "Thomas! We must away at once to the nearest brothel. I seek scandal and low companionship.” --Clockwork Angel, Cassandra Clare

16. Shortest and Longest Book you read in 2014?
Longest: Thoughtless S.C. Stephens
Shortest: Filthy Megan D. Martin

17. Book That Shocked You The Most?
Gone Girl Gillian Flynn

18. OTP of the Year (You will go down with this ship!)?
Ethan and Cassie-- Bad Romeo Leisa Rayven

19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship of the Year?
The girls of The Rosewood Series by Katrina Abbott--Brooklyn, Emmie, Kaylee--and any others I might have forgotten.

20. Favorite book in 2014 from an author you've read previously.
Once Upon an Ever After by Angela N. Blount

21. Best Book You Read In 2014 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:
Puddle Jumping by Amber L. Johnson

22. Newest Fictional Crush from a book I read in 2014.
Will Herondale <3

23. Best 2014 debut you read.
Kiss of Broken Glass by Madeline Kuderick

24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?

I really don't know. Maybe I'll come back to this one later when I can think of something.

25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?

26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2014?
Swimming Through Clouds by Rajdeep Paulus

27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
Puddle Jumping Amber L. Johnson

28. Book That Crushed Your Soul
None. 

29. Most Unique Book you read in 2014.
The Donor  (Part 1-3) by Nikki Rae

30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
Wicked Games by Sean Olin

Your Bookish/Blogging Life

1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2014? 

All that I've discovered this year. :D
                                              
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2014? 

3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?

4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?

I haven't attended any. :( 

5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2014?

When certain authors commented on the reviews I did for their books. So cool! 

7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?

8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?

I can't pick any single one. I want them all to be loved! :P 

9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?

bookoutlet.com

10.  Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?

I didn't finish my goal but I got pretty close.

Looking Ahead

1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2014 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2015?


 2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2015 (non-debut)?

3. 2015 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?

4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2015?

5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2015?
Gain more readers, and go to BEA.
  6. A 2015 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone:
 The Sin Eater's Daughter

4 comments:

  1. Someone discover Clockwork Angel!<3 Love it:D You read 152, that's amazing! Awesome post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gone Girl was one of my favorite books this year! I usually figure out the twist in stuff fairly quickly but this book caught me way off guard. Loved it!

    And having an author like a review you wrote about their work is awesome. The first time one of my favorite authors tweeted me about a review I wrote I was so excited I squealed out loud. lol

    Great post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bad Romeo…I'll have to check that one out, I haven't even heard of it!!!

    Will Herondale…love him so much. Reading that quote just made me want to reread the series.

    Fun post! ~Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. HOly... We read the same amount of books last year! About Bad Romeo... I'm really thinking about reading it, but I dunno. And Iove Will Herondale<3

    ReplyDelete