Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Rush by Eve Silver Book Review


So what’s the game now? This, or the life I used to know?

When Miki Jones is pulled from her life, pulled through time and space into some kind of game—her carefully controlled life spirals into chaos. In the game, she and a team of other teens are sent on missions to eliminate the Drau, terrifying and beautiful alien creatures. There are no practice runs, no training, and no way out. Miki has only the guidance of secretive but maddeningly attractive team leader Jackson Tate, who says the game isn’t really a game, that what Miki and her new teammates do now determines their survival, and the survival of every other person on this planet. She laughs. He doesn’t. And then the game takes a deadly and terrifying turn.


Thanks to YA Bound Book Tours and Eve Silver for this review copy!
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13571953-rush
 Nothing like I expected, everything that I needed, Rush was a fantastic read. With an original and action packed plot line, Rush will give readers a thrill.

I never read the synopsis fully for this novel but still some part of it called to me, so when I got the opportunity to review this novel--I took it willingly.

When I think of aliens in books I usually feel sort of put off from reading about them but Silver completely convinced me to think otherwise. I think it was because the aliens were somehow fascinating in their ethereal, silent other worldliness. I was intrigued and never freaked out, which is usually my fear when reading books that feature aliens.

What I liked most about this novel was Miki, not only did I love her character name--I loved her role in this story. Her life changed in a series of minutes but she freaked out more on her own, internally, as opposed to an outright blow out. She wanted to give up but she never did. She took everything in stride and I enjoyed that. I cannot stand a persistently whiny character, male or female.

My other favorite character was Jackson, of course. He was rude (and I loved it--something may be wrong with me), aloof, and stand-offish, and I loved every minute. He was a man of little words but when he spoke you felt drawn. I loved the way his character developed in the story and there was always a sense of mystery surrounding his character--in a good way.

I thoroughly enjoyed each character well, except for the best friend Carly, she was in my opinion harder on Miki than I felt was necessary--and she tended to be a little petty at times. She wasn't around often except when she was.

I really enjoyed this book, the plot was unique and held my attention--the characters had depth and kept me intrigued, and the ending, the ending, what??

I can't wait to read book two!



4 comments:

  1. It sounds good to me! I'm not much of an alien fan either because I haven't read a book interesting enough to draw me to them, but I think this one might be the one. Although they don't sound like the good guys, which I'm totally okay with. Thanks for the great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're not good guys but there are good guys in it :) Hope you get to read it and like it./Thanks!

      Delete
  2. I've had this on my Kindle forever, and now I really want to read it! But the ending...you've made me nervous. Is the second one out? These cliffhangers are killing me so if that's the case, I should make sure the second one is out before starting this one. Yay! So glad you enjoyed it! ~Pam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The second one is out and third is out next year. Maybe you want to wait until then?

      Delete