Thursday, October 30, 2014

Feature and Follow Friday---Book Recommendations for Contemporary Newbies

This week's question:
Book recommendations for newbies in your favorite genre.

Contemporary is definitely one of my favorite genres so here's a few of my faves for those of you new to the genre.

1. Kiss of Broken Glass- Madeline Kuderick
2. The Catastrophic History of You and Me- Jess Rothenberg
3. What Happens Next- Colleen Clayton
4. Easy- Tammara Webber
5. Unmaking Hunter Kennedy- Anne Eliot


6. Puddle Jumping- Amber L. Johnson
7. The Sky is Everywhere- Jandy Nelson
8. Swimming Through Clouds- Rajdeep Paulus
9. My Life with the Walter Boys- Ali Novak
10. Sway- Kat Spears


6 comments:

  1. I loved Easy and My Life With The Walter Boys! I'll have to check out The Sky is Everywhere. The cover is gorgeous. Thank you for stopping by. :)
    Old GFC follower

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't had much luck with the contemporary genre, but I have heard good things about some of these! I might give Easy a try! Old follower :)

    Here's my F&F!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am new to this genre so I haven't heard of any of these books. I wrote down the titles for future use. Have a great weekend.

    Lacie @ Rainy Dayz Reviewz
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know any of those books. I'll have to take a look at them. Thanks for sharing.
    My FF
    Old follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I usually like more light and fluffy contemporaries, like Stephanie Perkins and Kasie West, but you have listed some of my favorite "heavier" contemporaries. Easy…LOVE THAT BOOK!!! And What Happens Next…I was surprised by how much I liked that book. And The Sky Is Everywhere…just beautiful. I still need to read I'll Give You the Sun. Have you read How to Love? I think you'd really like it. Great list! ~Pam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love contemporary--all the contemporary. I love realistic fiction I think that's what draws me to the genre. I haven't read How to Love yet but it's on my TBR...maybe soon!

      Delete