Thursday, October 23, 2014

Don't Let Go (Persefone, # 3) by Michelle Gagnon Book Review


 
 

In this pulse-pounding final installment of the Don’t Turn Around trilogy, which in a starred review Kirkus called “The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo for teens,” Noa and Peter race across the country in their search to destroy Project Persephone before time runs out.

After a devastating loss, Noa Torson is out of options. On the run with the three remaining teens of Persephone’s Army, she is up against immeasurable odds. The group is outnumbered, outsmarted, and outrun. But they are not giving up.

When Noa and Peter realize they can’t run anymore, and that Noa’s health is failing, they know they must go back to where this began. But when they come face-to-face with the man who started it all, the question becomes, can they win?

This riveting final book in the Don’t Turn Around trilogy ratchets up the action as Noa and Peter confront the evil that has chased them and won’t let them go.

Noa Torson and Peter continue their compelling and action-packed journey in the conclusion to the Persefone series. In this third and final book, Noa, and Peter are on the run with what remains of the rest of thier team and are in a race against time.

Now that the story has concluded, I find that I'm pretty pleased with the way the story ended. There was action, romance and at times, heart-pounding goodness. I have to say though I expected to feel more strongly for this one than I did. Maybe the length of time it took to release the final book and the time it took for me to read it, dampened my excitement. I'm not sure. It was a good book, and a great resolution, but I just wasn't feeling it like I did with the first two.

I enjoyed the series it for it's similarities to the Girl With The Dragon Tattoo series, and of course, for it's differences. Something about this one didn't quite resonate with or thrill me like the other two had, but I'd recommend this one to anyone looking for an action based and thrilling YA read with unlikely but relatable and likeable characters.

6 comments:

  1. Never heard about this book before and have yet to read The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. Is that book good? Tried to read it once but the first pages bored me so I moved on to another read. Maybe I should start with this series and see how it goes for me, although it's a shame the third book doesn't live up to the first two. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TGWTDT is one of my favorite series. A lot of people struggled through it but it kind of hooked me right from the very beginning. I think it's worth reading but hey, that's me. Maybe the second time around will be the charm for you :)

      Delete
  2. i have never heard of this one either but it does seems interesting. Sad to hear that it wasn't as good as the previous too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow book 3 already! I read book 1 and I did enjoy it - a very fun, action packed book. I also remember comparing it to Girl With The Dragon Tattoo! It sounds like a series worth finishing, I need to catch up! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully you get the chance to! Happy reading :)

      Delete
  4. great post!
    I`m your new follower on GFC and blogloving, hope you might follow me back:)

    ReplyDelete