Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday--Books that were hard for me to read because...

TOP TEN BOOKS THAT WERE HARD FOR ME TO READ

1. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
This was hard for me to read because some of the subject matter was really rough, as it dealt with rape. It was an excellent book but some of the scenes really made me cringe.

2. The Different Girl
This book was painful to get through. I didn't understand any of it. Quite frankly, I don't have anything nice to say about it, so I'll leave it at that.

3.The Water Wars

This had an interesting concept but fell flat. It was hard to read because I was bored and disappointed with it.

4. Rusty Nailed

This was hard to read because it didn't have Clayton's usual humor and snark. It left me so disappointed.

5. Above
This book was hard to read because the main character had to endure so much, from kidnap, to rape, to loss. This was a doozy.

6. Anatomy of a Misfit
This book offended me on so many levels. I kind of forced myself to finish. It was hard to read because of it's hypocritical, contradictory, judge-y tone.

7. The Fault in our Stars
This book was hard to read because I knew what was going to happen and it was like waiting for this impending doom. It was obviously also hard to read for how sad it was.

8. Swimming Through Clouds
This book was hard to read because I just felt for everything the character had to go through, when she did. It's easy to get emotionally caught up in a book and feel for the characters when they have a tough time.

9. Wicked Games
This book was hard to read because I wanted to strangle the characters on several occasions. Several.

10.  The Secrets of Lily Graves
This book was hard to read because I wanted so much, and got so little.

8 comments:

  1. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo was difficult for me to read too. I couldn't enjoy it because of the scenes you brought up.
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! I was also waiting for the impending doom in The Fault in Our Stars and definitely felt some of those cringe-worthy moments in The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. Both excellent choices.
    Cassi @ My Thoughts Literally

    ReplyDelete
  3. I chose The fault in our stars as well. Nice list
    My TTT
    http://hauntedgravebooks.blogspot.com/2014/09/top-ten-tuesday-books-that-were-hard-to.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried to read The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo back in the day, and it was also really hard for me! I think it was because of all the names and how confusing it was. Plus I'm personally not even interested in it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, but yeah…tough to read with the subject matter. I find it tough to read books where the story is really sad or where horrible things happen to the characters. Great list! ~Pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got bored with The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, I couldn't get past the 4th or 5th chapter. Does it pick up later on?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To me it does but a lot of people have mixed feelings...

      Delete