Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: 10 Underrated Authors in YA

1. Maria V. Synder


There are a few people that I've noticed have read her books but not enough. Her novels are pretty solid and the characters are intriguing. My favorites of hers is the Study series.

2. Anne Eliot
Besides the fact that Anne is the sweetest person I ever haven't technically met in person. She writes super cute, super sweet teen romances. One of my favorites of hers is Unmaking Hunter Kennedy.
3. Rajdeep Paulus
Paulus doesn't have a plethora of novels but the two she has written speaks volumes. I haven't gotten around to the sequel but, Swimming Through Clouds was an amazing read. Why? One W


4. David Estes
David has written quite a few self published novels and believe it or not they're well written and thoroughly enjoyable. Fave? Fire Country. Brilliant characters, a dystopian society, and a colorful language created by David himself.

5. Michelle Gagnon
Her series, Persefone series, (Don't Turn Around) is one of my favorites. It's like The Girl with The Dragon Tattoo for teens. I love the characters and I love the plot. She's written other books but they're not YA.

6. Dan Krokos
I really enjoy Dan Krokos' False Memory series. I love stories that feature characters with all or chunks of their memories missing. His series is written well and they're entertaining without being too heavy or lacking in anything.

7. Lex Thomas
I love the fact that Lex Thomas is a writing duo. They met at in a writer's group and magic was made. Quarantine is definitely one of my favorite YA series. Kids are trapped in a school because of a deadly outbreak and chaos, murder, and madness ensues. 

8. Robison Wells
 His writing draws you in, and his stories although dystopian are totally relatable and believable. Variant is one of my favorites from him.

9. Jennifer Rush
 She hasn't written any other series besides the Altered series but I adore it. Definitely worth reading if you haven't.

10. Chelsea Fine
 She's been writing a lot of NA lately but her Archers of Avalon series deserves a mention. It's fantastic! There's twins ladies. Hot twins!

8 comments:

  1. There's something so special about underrated books/authors. Great choices! I've been wanting to read Poison Study and Quarantine for a while now. Hopefully soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Poison Study, I should read the rest of that series. Swimming Through Clouds also looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Study series!! I'm super excited for the new book to come out next year!!

    Eileen @ BookCatPin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I've nominated you for the book gif tag! Here's my post: http://blueeyebooks.blogspot.com/2014/09/the-book-gif-tag.html

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fire Country by David Estes was SO GOOD. I loved it so much! <3 Should start Anew, have that book sitting as a kindle ebook I believe... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Anne Eliot! UNMAKING HUNTER KENNEDY was such a fun and cute read! Some of my favorite book bloggers and vloggers have been recommending Poison Study. I definitely want to pick it up someday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Anne Eliot. My favorite ALMOST.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great list! I love the Archers of Avalon series…so many feels! And yes, twins. And I love Maria Snyder too. I've read all of her series, but my favorite is also Poison Study (although a close second is the Healer series). ~Pam

    ReplyDelete