Friday, September 19, 2014

How I Feel Waiting For The Next Book in a Series (Mainly How I Feel Waiting for The Retribution of Mara Dyer)--in GIFS

We all know how it is to wait a year or more, sometimes less--for a book we've been pining for.  The one book that will hopefully answer all those unanswered questions, solve a murder, end a cliffhanger, seal a kiss, whatever it is. The next book in a series wait is like the worse wait ever.
Waiting for The Retribution of Mara Dyer is like waiting for the return of Jesus. I know it's coming but the wait is killing me.

There is a strong sense of want. I just want the next book and I want it now! I don't care how!

I have a deep need to message/email/tweet/facebook the author to get teasers, quotes, anything. I need to know what they know that I don't.

You feel like you either need to fast forward time or sleep until the day the book is expected to be released.

You're just in a glass case of emotion juggling between want, need, expectation and anticipation.

You're friends and family don't realize it but you're struggling. You're struggling to get through the day without falling into want for this book you must have!

And of course when the book does in fact decide to stop it's unrelenting torture of wait, and releases--you will be the first in line. You will take no prisoners, or calls. You will race to the bookstore, or your doorstep and get the book you've been waiting for.

16 comments:

  1. Woah, It's that bad?! I'm looking forward to finally reading the first book, but if I'm going to end up curling into a big ball, I think I'm going to wait. Loved your choice of GIFs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not that kind of read. I just really want the book really bad!

      Delete
    2. It's not like an emotional curl up in ball kind of read.

      Delete
  2. I mainly read the final book to add to my beautiful collection of books with amazing covers :P I also need to know the future of Noah and Mara. I mean..... I smell a baby :D PSH PSH

    Alex @ The Book's Buzz

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad I haven't read Mara Dyer yet haha :) I was warned so I'm going to wait for that last book to start the series ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait for this one either, but at the same time, I'm worried about how it's all going to end. I heard the author had a lot of trouble writing it, which is why publication kept getting pushed back. Hope it's good!! Love the gifs, by the way! ~Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. The waits for a book to come out in a series seriously sucks most of the time. It just makes want to binge-read when I have all of them in my possession. I tend to forget a lot, especially if the wait is REALLY LONG. And these gifs pretty much express perfectly how it goes. Currently I'm waiting on Blue Lily, Lily Blue and the wait is KILLING ME. I can't stop talking about the book and how much I need it in my life (which I'm sure all my followers on Twitter appreciate).

    Also. I totally need to read these books. But now this makes me want to wait until I can read them all together. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I really hate waiting for a book when the wait between books is a year or more. It's seriously painful!

      Is that the Raven Boys books? I haven't started those yet. I'm doubtful but interested in reading it.

      Delete
  6. I feel the exact same thing.. I desperately need The Retribution of Mara Dyer too! More so because of how the second book ended.. It just killed me! And every time I think about its as if I die all over again because I've been waiting for so long... And I love your gifs btw! Especially the last one with Snape :D

    - IZZY @ The Reading Izzy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Waiting for this book is seriously killing me. Especially after the cliff hanger in the last book...it's so terrible and I honestly don't even know why it has taken so long. Like, it's almost been two years. Ugh, I just need it now.

    Ashtyn @ Wonderland’s Reader!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok! Ok! Ok! I LOVE this one too! I'm hoping for the same response when I get to my cliff hanger in my series. Wonderful post, keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Thanks! Unlike most people I enjoy a good and appropriate cliffhanger!

      Delete
  9. I know that feel. Waiting for the same book and slowly going insane. *goes lays in a corner and cries

    ReplyDelete