Saturday, September 27, 2014

Find Me by Romily Bernard Book Review

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13645069-find-me?from_search=true
 Publisher: Harper Teen
Published Date: September 24th, 2013
Genre: Young Adult, Mystery, Thriller
Source: Library
Edition: Hardcover, 307 pgs
“Find Me.”

These are the words written on Tessa Waye’s diary. The diary that ends up with Wick Tate. But Tessa’s just been found . . . dead.

Wick has the right computer-hacking skills for the job, but little interest in this perverse game of hide-and-seek. Until her sister Lily is the next target.

Then Griff, trailer-park boy next door and fellow hacker, shows up, intent on helping Wick. Is a happy ending possible with the threat of Wick’s deadbeat dad returning, the detective hunting him sniffing around Wick instead, and a killer taunting her at every step?

Foster child. Daughter of a felon. Loner hacker girl. Wick has a bad attitude and sarcasm to spare.

But she’s going to find this killer no matter what.

Because it just got personal.
I really enjoyed this novel. I've been wanting to read it for so long and now that I have I am so pleased. This was a thrill ride from page one. "Find me."

It was everything I wanted it to be. Find Me, follows orphans, Wicket and Lily. Wicket and Lily are foster children, with a rough past and an even rougher father. Wick stays with Bren, and Todd, the poster Brady Bunch family. It's all going sickeningly well until Tessa Waye's diary shows up at her doorstep, accompanied by the watchful eyes of a cop.

The only thing especially weird about it all besides the words, "Find me." written on a post it note in a diary of a girl she used to be friends with, is the fact that this girl, Tessa Waye, she's dead.

The story was paced so perfectly I felt like I was one the one uncovering the secrets one by one. Every chapter had it's own revelations and every end had me wanting for more...and more...and more. Bernard did not disappoint. She kept up the suspense and it never wavered.

The romance was perfectly introduced, and paced, and I loved it. The back story was just enough without being overbearing or lackluster. I just thoroughly enjoyed it. Even when you thought you knew what was happening, you didn't. I think that was my favorite part. The unpredictability of it all.

One of the best young adult mysteries I've read, ever. For those of you that don't like cliffhangers don't worry there isn't one but it's ends in a way that you feel that sense of anticipation. The good kind. I look forward to book two!

11 comments:

  1. Oooh, another book to add to the TBR pile. :)
    I like mystery/thriller books and this looks like a really good one.

    http://ravesandreads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome review, I am totally adding this to my TBR now!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely book review! I've heard many good reviews of this book, but I've never actually had the urge to read it until I saw your review!:)
    Thank you for this lovely post!
    June
    The Journeys' of my beating heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I really hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

      Delete
  4. I've seen this one around but have never really given it much thought but your review has got me intrigued! I like that it's well paced and that the mystery kept you hooked the whole time. I'll have to add this one to my TBR!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd never seen this one. It definitely is a unique premise (maybe because I rarely read mysteries) and it sounds really good! Thanks for sharing :)

    Tracy @ Cornerfolds

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember seeing this one around when it was first published and it piqued my interest, but I never got around to reading it. After reading your review, I need to move it up the list! Do you know if there is just two books or more? These series are killing me, but it's good to hear there's not a cliffhanger ending. Great review! ~Pam

    ReplyDelete