Sunday, August 31, 2014

Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare--I know I'm super late Book Review

 
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/7171637-clockwork-angel

 In a time when Shadowhunters are barely winning the fight against the forces of darkness, one battle will change the course of history forever. Welcome to the Infernal Devices trilogy, a stunning and dangerous prequel to the New York Times bestselling Mortal Instruments series.

The year is 1878. Tessa Gray descends into London’s dark supernatural underworld in search of her missing brother. She soon discovers that her only allies are the demon-slaying Shadowhunters—including Will and Jem, the mysterious boys she is attracted to. Soon they find themselves up against the Pandemonium Club, a secret organization of vampires, demons, warlocks, and humans. Equipped with a magical army of unstoppable clockwork creatures, the Club is out to rule the British Empire, and only Tessa and her allies can stop them....



It took me a while to start this series. After reading about 2 1/2 Mortal Instruments books I have to admit I was a little skeptical. The Mortal Instruments didn't bowl me over in the way it had so many others. I enjoyed them but the stories didn't captivate me. After many recommendations and much consideration, and a good price I finally picked this book up and I'm glad I did.

There is one reason I adored this book and one reason I will finish the series, William Herondale. His character was the shining star of this novel. His sarcasm, his beauty, charmed me for the duration of the novel. The very fact that he has some inner turmoil just made it all the more interesting. In addition to the fact that the novel takes place in London. It was as if this book had been written just for my enjoyment. I have wanted to visit London for some time now and I love when I'm able to visit at least through literature--it was through literature that I grew my love for the place.

Anyway, I really enjoyed these characters and took to them far more than I did with the Mortal Instruments. There was just something about the language and the historical flare that I really enjoyed. I'm glad I finally allowed myself the time to read this. As I can't say much that wasn't already said I can't wait to continue this series. 

Also, note, if you didn't particularly like or enjoy The Mortal Instruments you might want to try this series.

8 comments:

  1. I have been skeptical on this series too, I am more apt to start it now since you enjoyed it so much!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually read this book before realizing that it was a spin off of TMI. I thought it was pretty good, though I have yet to continue the series. Nice review Jazmen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will Herondale will forever and always hold my heart because he is just perfect. Like, his flaws make him even more flawless and I just can't with this guy, seriously. I read TMI before this series was out and really liked it but once I discovered these books, they became my new favorite. This entire series just completely stole my heart. I'm excited to see what you think of the next two books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the only one I have read of this series as well and I was a bit surprised that I liked it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved Mortal Instruments, but I LOVED Infernal Devices. And yes, Will Herondale…*sigh* He's my favorite. So glad you tried it and liked it. Just thinking about this series makes me want to read it again. ~Pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I loved this book so darn much! So glad you enjoyed it :)

    ReplyDelete