Thursday, August 14, 2014

Bookish Academy Awards Book Tag

 I don't know who created this tag so, sorry if you didn't get credit.

Best Actor: (Best Male Protagonist)
Noah Shaw--The Mara Dyer Series by Michelle Hodkin <3 him

Best Actress: (Best Female Protagonist)
Caroline--The Cocktail Series by Alice Clayton--She's hilarious

Best Cinematography:(Best Plot Twist)
Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn

Best Costume Design (Best Book Cover)
Splintered by A.G. Howard--There are some amazing covers out there but this is one of my favorites.

Best Supporting Actress and Actor: (Best Male and Female Sidekick)
Minho--The Maze Runner Series by James Dashner
Laura--How I Fall series by Anne Eliot--She tickles me.

Best Original Screenplay: (Most Unique Plot/World)
This had an interesting plot and world--not sure if it's the most unique but it's my choice for BOS
Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder
Best Adapted Screenplay: (Best Book-to-movie adaptation)
The Hunger Games

Best Animated Feature: (A book that would work well in animated format)
Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare--I think this would make for an interesting animated book, movie, etc.

Best Director: (A writer you discovered for the first time)
Maria V. Snyder

Best Visual Effects: (Best Action in a book)
I Am the Weapon by Allen Zadoff

Best Musical Score: (Best Music in a book-to-movie adaptation)
The Fault in Our Stars--I haven't seen the movie but I loved some of the music, especially, Boom Clap.

Best Short Film: (Best Novella or Short Book)
Puddle Jumping by Amber L. Johnson

Best Picture: (Best Stand-Alone)
The Catastrophic History of You and Me by Jess Rothenberg

Best Documentary: (Best Historical Fiction or Non-Fiction)
Once Upon a Road Trip by Angela N. Blount or When I was Puerto Rican by Esmeralda Santiago--I can't choose

6 comments:

  1. This is a cool idea. I think I might do it on my blog. I don't know who the creator is either, but I totally agree with Mara Dyer and City of Bones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a good idea, definitely going to have a go at this! The cover for Splintered is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! I'm absolutely going to fit this into my schedule. Looks like fun. Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been seeing Splintered popping up on a couple of blogs recently, I love the cover as well. So vivid and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG NYESSS NOAH SHAW IS THE ULTIMATE SWOON! I totally agree with Splintered for the best book cover. It's beautiful :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool idea (I don't know who started it either, but they have a genius mind)! I need to do this!

    ReplyDelete