Monday, August 25, 2014

Back To School Book Blogger Challenge--Day 8: The Biggest Lesson I've Learned as a Blogger.


I've learned quite a bit as a blogger about both myself and people. There is a lot to learn while blogging--book blogging especially. 


I think the biggest thing I've learned or rather the biggest revelation I've had was when I realized I wanted to be involved in publishing, professionally, not only as a writer but possibly an editor, or a cover designer. 

I've always known I wanted to be a writer and I've always had a passionate love for books but I never thought about pursuing a career in publishing.


I may or may not have figured this out late but it's not too late. I mean I have spent about 7 years pursuing bachelor's and master's degrees in journalism--only to one day say yeah, this is not for me. Go figure!

I think I've always kind of known that I wasn't cut out or rather made to be a journalist (at least not a news journalist) but I planned on doing it anyway or at least finding my niche in the field. 

There is still a large chance I may find myself in the journalism field but rest assured I'll be working harder to find and do a job I can wake up everyday smiling about, or least mostly every day. Blogging helped me figure that out. It helped me discover talents I didn't realize I had. It helped me fine tune my dream and for that I'm grateful.

What lessons have you learned as a blogger?


3 comments:

  1. I kind of think that blogging just lets you know yourself more because it lets you dig deeper into your interest and discover a few more along the way. good luck with life then.. journalism is a field I've thought about myself but I don't really want to exhaust myself in writing (or maybe I'm just not passionate enough~~).

    czai @ the Blacksheep Project

    ReplyDelete
  2. The biggest thing that I've learned is to be open. In order to be a blogger, you're gonna be communicating with a lot of people, authors, readers. And if you're open to yourself about trying new things and exploring new possibilities, then your readers will open themselves up to you.

    Great Post!

    Alex @ The Book's Buzz

    ReplyDelete