Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday, # 13

This week's Waiting on Wednesday pick:
BLURB:
At a school where Quantum Paradox 101 is a required course and history field trips are literal, sixteen year-old time traveler Bree Bennis excels…at screwing up.

After Bree botches a solo midterm to the 21st century by accidentally taking a boy hostage (a teensy snafu), she stands to lose her scholarship. But when Bree sneaks back to talk the kid into keeping his yap shut, she doesn’t go back far enough. The boy, Finn, now three years older and hot as a solar flare, is convinced he’s in love with Bree, or rather, a future version of her that doesn’t think he’s a complete pain in the arse. To make matters worse, she inadvertently transports him back to the 23rd century with her.

Once home, Bree discovers that a recent rash of accidents at her school are anything but accidental. Someone is attacking time travelers. As Bree and her temporal tagalong uncover seemingly unconnected clues—a broken bracelet, a missing data file, the art heist of the millennium—that lead to the person responsible, she alone has the knowledge to piece the puzzle together. Knowledge only one other person has. Her future self.

But when those closest to her become the next victims, Bree realizes the attacker is willing to do anything to stop her. In the past, present, or future.

6 comments:

  1. I'm never quite sure how I feel about time travel books. They can either be great or they can confuse the heck out of me with convoluted storylines. This one sounds really good though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait till this book is published! I'll definitely be picking it up as soon as its out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh I hadn't even heard of this before seeing it here! It does sound good though, great pick hun, will be adding to tbr pile! (

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm interested to see if time travel can be well done in novel format. I really liked Kersten Gier's Ruby Red trilogy but I haven't really expanded outside of that. Great pick. I'll have to add this to my to-read list.

    Amelia | The Authoress

    ReplyDelete
  5. oohh, this is the first time I've seen this... I'm pretty interested in its time travelling aspect.. I'll definitely keep my eyes up for this one~~

    czai @ the Blacksheep Project

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cover for this one instantly caught my eye, sounds like a great read! I hope you enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete