Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday, Top Ten Classics I want to Read--Or Re-read


Top Ten Classics I want to Read or Re-read
1. 1984 by George Orwell
I tried reading this for a buddy read this month and I don't know what it is but I just could not get into this book but I do plan to revisit it at some point.

 2. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
I read this book around the time I was in high school and the only thing I remember is how amazing it is and I really loved the movie. I can't wait to read this one again.

3. Lord of The Flies by William Golding
I read this one in high school and I paid zero attention to it but I do believe that this is one I need to revisit.

4.The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne
Another novel that I paid no attention to as a teenager but would like to re-read.

5. Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
I just feel like this is one of those books I have to read.

6. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
I've only seen a PBS remake of this novel, and I loved it,  so I definitely want to read the book.

7. Les Miserables by Victor Hugo
With this book coming in at over 1,400 pages I think it will be awhile before I actually read this one but I would actually like to read it one day.

8. A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens

9.  The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton

10. A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess

12 comments:

  1. Gatsby and Pride and Prejudice are on my list too, you should definitely read P&P! I read Lord of the Flies at school too, and hated it so much that I left my copy of it in the exam hall! Maybe it's time that I gave it another chance...

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a lot of books in common :D Actually, I don't think I've read any of the books you've listed. The Scarlet Letter is one that almost made my list but didn't. I have a lot of classics to catch up on!

    My TTT

    Obsessive Compulsive Reader

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the Scarlet Letter! It's one of the few I had to read in high school that I really enjoyed. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wuthering Heights is the only classic that I actually like right now... well I've only read a couple because classics kind of bore the hell out of me... but still, I want to read more~

    czai @ the Blacksheep Project

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely have a love-hate relationship with Wuthering Heights. I definitely didn't enjoy it as much as I'd hoped to but honestly, I feel better about life having read it. It means a lot more to me when reading about it in other books and understanding the metaphors and deeper meanings in book references now than it did when I was actually reading it. Also, I read Lord of the Flies once and it kind of blew my mind but I, too, think I need to revisit because it wasn't necessarily a favorite of mine because I kind of just wanted to get through it.

    I really need to get on the ball with reading more classics, though. I really want to read Gatsby. I did just finish Fahrenheit 451 which I loved, so that's a start, right? Great list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Gatsby and The Outsiders but, besides those and Lord of the Flies, I haven't read any of these! I'm really interested in reading Clockwork Orange. Also, Wuthering Heights and Pride and Prejudice are high up on my TBR list - I just need to get around to them! I really want to explore the classics more without being forced to in school!

    Ashtyn @ Wonderland’s Reader!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just finished reading The Great Gatsby, and it was a fantastic read. You picked so many great books. Nice list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Great Gatsby and 1984 are on my list as well! And it's ok if you didn't pay attention to the books you read in school. I had to read The Portrait of a Man as a Young Artist (or something along the lines of that), and it was THE WORST. I have absolutely no idea why I had to read it, honestly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved reading A Clockwork Orange. (The movie is great as well.) Sure, some of the words are a little weird every now and then, but you get used to it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm dying to read the Great Gatsby, I read a compilation of Fitzgerald recently (the editor who put it together was drunk) and even with the publishing house's botched formatting-editting, the mistakes didn't take away from his writing. So now I want to spend a little more and see how good the writing is, when flawless.

    I read The Outsiders and Tale of Two Cities in high school, I don't know if I was too young to get it, but I didn't enjoy them at the time.

    Thanks for stopping by @Get Lost in Lit!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pride and Prej is on my list for this summer!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really want to read The Great Gatsby, I haven't seen the movie yet either! Great list :)

    ReplyDelete