Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday--Bookish Confessions


Confession #1: 
I've read every single one of the  Fifty Shades novels. I've even re-read book two, and you know what? I loved it, and I'm not all that ashamed. Feel free to judge away.

Confession #2:
There are several books I've told people I would read and I probably wont. I just don't want to get into the lengthy conversation that will ensue if I tell them I don't want to  read the book. I won't mention which ones, well because, I don't wanna'.

Confession # 3
For the most part I don't care for book to movie adaptations. They usually get the characters all wrong. They change and add things. I just rather not.

Confession # 4
I have more review books than I will probably be able to read. I have a problem, okay? Review books are all shiny and I get that twinkle in my eye and I just have to have it. I'm working on it but I can't promise that I'll stop.

Confession #5
The library is my escape, literally. For a period of time I was homeless and had to live with a family member and it was HELL! It was one of the hardest times of my life (mostly because of the family member) so I spent hours upon hours at the library. Mostly to avoid my life, and I'll always treasure the library for giving me somewhere to go.

Confession # 6
I think I've only paid full price for one book I own. I am a frugal shopper and it trickles down into my book shopping.

Confessions # 7
I've only read one Twilight book but I've seen all the movies and own all the movies. I love them all!

Confession #8
I read ebooks slower than I do physical books. Don't ask me to explain because I can't.
Confession # 9
I don't care about the The Fault in our Stars movie and I'm not going to see it in any form be it in the theater or on DVD. I have had enough of that book. Sorry not sorry.

Confession #10
I'm tired of hearing about John Green. We share the same last name and I'm even tired of that. Everywhere I go all I hear is John Green. I'm just tired. *sigh*

16 comments:

  1. I loved the Fault in our Stars book, but I understand not wanting to see the movie. It did seem like that's all I was hearing about for a really long time. I still haven't seen it and i'm not sure I will, I really hate movies that just make me cry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have only paid full price for a few books, I like a bargain! Great list :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha ha I am LOVING this list! You're hilarious! And I am the same way about the frugal shopping. I utilize Bookoutlet.com, Overdrive and my local library to the point of no return :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely feel the same way about John Green, great list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I laughed at #2, I actually don't tell people that I'll read a book when I'm not really interested... but I admit that when I get a bit interested in a book I say I would read it even though I'm quite sure I won't be able to read it because my local bookstore will probably never sell it. hahaha~
    Nice list! I enjoyed reading it~

    czai @ the Blacksheep Project

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love my local library, and I borrow books all the time there. But when it comes to actually buying a book (which rarely happens), I usually just get it from Amazon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't see Fault in Our Stars, either! Glad I'm not the only one. Enjoyed the book, but didn't want to depress myself by going to see the movie <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like his books, but I have John Green fatigue as well. I just don't care to hear anymore about him.
    Libraries are the greatest.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So it's not just me? It also takes me a longer time to read ebooks. It always ends in a reading slump. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I read ebooks faster than physical books. I can't explain it either. I'm tired of John Green too. I don't hate his books, but I wouldn't say I'm a fan either. I've read two and I feel like I "have to" read more because of who he his...but I don't really want to.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've not even read The Fault in Our Stars, but any kind of mega hype surrounding a book completely puts me off it! I'm a bargain hunter when it comes to books too! Great list :)
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete