Monday, July 28, 2014

New Adult ARC Review- Reckless by Priscilla West

I’d seen bad boys before, but he had it all and more. The rippling muscles covered in tatts, the piercing eyes hiding dark secrets, the silky voice that could make a girl come with just a whisper . . .

He was exactly the type of guy that would get me in trouble, but when he jumped off the stage, inked skin glistening with sweat and breathed his seductive words into my ear, I couldn’t resist the temptation.

It was supposed to be the best one-night stand of my life, but fate didn’t let it play out that way. Things happened. I got upset. I got hasty. And worst of all, I got reckless.

After that disaster, I thought it was the last I’d see of him. But what I didn’t know was that I’d started something.

Something that could shatter the very thing I had worked so hard to protect.

I should have known back then that the most seductive things in life are also the most dangerous.

Reckless is my first Priscilla West novel. I'm always intrigued by stories featuring bands or rock stars. Music has always been my second love to books so if a book has music in it I'm very likely to pick it up.

Reckless tells the story of a dark haired, dark-eyed, sex god of a rock star named, Jax, and a feisty red-headed accountant named, Riley. They meet (sort of) at a club during one of Jax's band's, The Hitchcocks, impromptu performances and sparks fly, literally. In the form of bottles, arms, hands, and panties. Riley knows he's all wrong for her but, the voice, the body, those eyes, they capture her, and it all gets pretty reckless.

I can't say that I haven't ever read anything like this before because I have, but it was still enjoyable. There were some moments where I wanted to slap the MC's but I guess the book isn't good if I don't feel something towards the characters, even if it is anger.

Riley's insecurities tended to get the better of my nerves but it didn't deter me from reading the rest of the book. I think some readers might find that insecure, argumentative personality trait of, Riley's irritating but it's sort of warranted--sort of.

There's always some level of insecurity in these kinds of characters in these types of stories, at least mostly. It all can't be perfect. I think for a start of what I see may be a series (There is supposed to be a second book in the fall of this year) it's pretty well done. You get just enough of the background to feel satiated. The supporting characters are pretty interesting and the way the story ended leaves the reader feeling both satisfied and intrigued.

I didn't adore the book but I enjoyed it and I'm interested to see how the rest of the story will play out.

4 comments:

  1. Hm, I don't know if this is something I'd enjoy but I'm intrigued. It sounds like I would be sort of annoyed with Riley and her insecure/argumentative personality but, hey, what character isn't without their faults? I'm going to add this one to my TBR list and maybe I'll pick it up soon!

    Ashtyn @ Wonderland’s Reader!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems like it has potential. But i'm willing to give it a shot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read a book from Priscilla West (Wrecked) and I really enjoyed it. The MCs there made me want to slap them from time to time too, but they also
    made me smile a lot. I'm curious for this book, I think I'll check it out after I finish with the sequel of Wrecked. I sure hope I like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks interesting. :)
    Great review!

    ReplyDelete