Thursday, July 3, 2014

Bookworm Problems From My POV---Part One

I love to read but there are some things about being a book worm that bother plague me. Here's a short list...(PART ONE) (These are obviously just my opinions. So feel free to disagree, even though you're wrong. I'm kidding...or am I? :P

1. People who are offended when you don't like the book they've recommended.

Okay, this grates on my nerves. You have a friend, colleague, random book lovin' stranger who so fiercely recommends you a book and you're caught up in the world wind of excitement. So, you read the book and you're just like, "Okay, that sucked." Then you tell said "recommender" that although you appreciated the recommendation the book wasn't for you. They then proceed to get an attitude or their face gets all twisted up. Dude, to each his own and all that. Have you heard of it? Every books is not for everybody. Stop being so sensitive.

2. When I ask for YA recommendations and I get, "You need to read The Fault in Our Stars, The Hunger Games, and Divergent."
Honestly people, okay, I get it. John Green and Veronica Roth are one step below Jesus, right? Got it. But, please there are so many books dare I say better or just as entertaining. Please stop telling me to read these books. There are so many other good books. #noh8

3. Spoiler Happy People/Worms
All I'm going to say is JUST STOP. That is all.

4. Movie Tie-In Covers


I really avoid these covers. I just do not like them. I don't appreciate them changing an otherwise amazing cover and swapping it out for a movie poster cover. I just don't like it,

5. People who borrow books and return them damaged.
Okay, so you obviously work for Satan but how dare you borrow a book in just out of the store condition and return it looking like it's something that spanned fifty generations. That is so very wrong and what bothers me even more is when the person acts like there is absolutely no warrant for your anger. Just wrong, so very wrong.

10 comments:

  1. "...are one step below Jesus, right?" I TOTALLY CRACKED!!!!!!
    I get your peeves for I also see my peeves in this post. The last point totally makes my blood boil!!! Happened to me twice or thrice and after that I never let others borrow my books. UGH!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know that feeling... when you buy a brand new hardcover book, and you never read it because it's too damn beautiful! And then you let your friend borrow it, but it comes back to you without the book jacket. -.-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Without the jacket?! *gasp* Oh the horror. Bad friend, bad, bad friend!

      Delete
  3. Ugh, I hate being recommended the same books over and over again. Book like tfios and Divergent are already so famous they hardly need to be recommended. I want new books, the ones unheard of. Any yes to the movie tie-in covers problem, I hate them because they feel foreign, like if you were getting a cheap version of the book. :/ Can't wait to read part two! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know right? I don't mind letting people borrow my books. I do want to share the awesomeness with them, but I hate it when they back the book and it's all damaged and greasy. What's worse is when they don't at least apologise or offer to buy me a new copy. SMH. Very interesting and relatable post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha, this is a very nice list. I'm honestly getting a bit sick of the typical YA, I need something original!

    ReplyDelete