Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Book Cover Elements I Like


I love book covers.  I judge books by their covers, okay! I do it, so sue me! I just love how unique and creative they can get. Here are my top ten cover elements:

1. Bright Colors
I love colors and I love to see how they're used on covers. These are some of the ones I really love.

2. Books where the font are the feature.
(I hope that makes sense because it sounds weird :P)

3. Books that use gowns/dresses as the focal point.

4. Simple Covers
I really love covers that use the most basic of features and still somehow manage to be beautiful.

5. Covers with male bodies as the feature point.
I am a girl after all :P

6. Books with Summer Covers
Books that feature the summer season always have sun, water and a feel good feeling.

7&8 Books with music equipment on the covers
and books featuring the color yellow.

9. Water Covers

10. Covers featuring guys and girls/couples

8 comments:

  1. I love the covers with interesting fonts. There are a lot of covers featuring water in some way, they are really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like colorful covers, too! They add a lot of fun to it :) It you like covers where the fonts are the focal point, you should definitely see the cover of Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea! I really love that cover!

    Ashtyn @ Wonderland’s Reader!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chaotic colors and compelling fonts -- those are my favorites too! I'm not a fan of dresses on covers, though, because unless it's a fantasy, I very much doubt that it's indicative of the character or the book. But yes! I love summer covers too. :)

    Amelia | The Authoress

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think my favorites are often those with a cool font. I find a font can really make or break a cover no matter what image is used. I also love the bright ones. The almost-kissing are def my least favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love all the pretty dresses! And I do love hot guys on the covers, but I'm kind of sick of them. A lot of the time, they don't make sense. Also, sometimes I just love simple covers, or ones that feature a cool font (like Salt & Storm). And couple ones are always a favorite! But most of the time, I prefer to not see their faces.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE BOOK COVERS! I have a thing for the ones with pretty dresses and basic backgrounds. Also the covers with trees on them (gotta love nature!). I'm not much into water covers but Nova Ren Suma's Imaginary Girls covers has got to be one of my favorite covers ever. So pretty. :)

    Melissa @ The Reader and the Chef

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow those bright color covers are amazing! Instant favorite here too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this post! Water covers are my favourites, but I also love dresses and summery covers!
    Hannah @ The Book Landslide

    ReplyDelete