Saturday, June 14, 2014

The Chocolate Book Tag

I want to thank Laura Plus Books for introducing this tag to me because I wouldn't have known about it otherwise. It's such a cool tag so here we go:

Dark Chocolate 
A book that covers a dark topic

This book was not what I expected but in a good way.
It's so beautiful and devastating.  I think readers will appreciate how shockingly familiar the characters. Also how the author manages to grapple with a hard topic while keeping it light enough not to completely tear you apart.




White Chocolate
Your favorite light hearted/ humorous read

This book made me laugh out loud. I think the entire time I read it I giggled like a school girl. 

I can't wait for book two, Rusty Nailed out June 24th.


 

Milk Chocolate
A book that has a lot of hype that you're dying to read.

This book has circulated around the blogosphere more times than I can count. I bought myself a copy and I even got it at a bargain price and yet I still haven't read it. I definitely hope to get to it this year.




Chocolate with a caramel center
Name a book that made you feel all gooey in the middle while reading.

This was a hard choice because although this one is a really cute read I don't know that it really makes me feel gooey in the middle but it does have it's moments.






Wafer free Kit Kat
Name a book that surprised you lately.

I was surprised with how much I liked this one. It's a great read with a great story.



Snickers
A book you're going nuts about.

This book is one big thrill ride. I kind of expected it from the title and the cover but it's even better than I initially expected.







Hot Chocolate with Marshmallows
What book would you turn to for a comfort read?

This book is not necessarily comforting but I always find myself wanting to go back and read it. I don't know what it is about this story but it just resonates with me and I feel connected to Esmeralda's story. It's one of the only stories I'd probably re-read.



Box of Chocolates
What series have you read that you feel has a little something for everyone.

This was kind of hard to choose but I went with Poison Study because I think it's the most universal. I think it can appeal to many readers both young and old.

9 comments:

  1. I love this tag! It combines two of my favorite things. Now I just need to scour my kitchen for some chocolate.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an awesome book tag! Love Cinder and Anna!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful tag! It made me a little hungry tbh :)
    Aneta @ Angelic Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this looks like a lot of fun to do! I love tags and this one is especially amazing because, hey, chocolate AND books. Win-win!

    Ashtyn @ Wonderland's Reader

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh, I really want to read Say What You Will! I've heard so many amazing things about it. And I definitely agree with you on Poison Study. I absolutely loved that series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great series. I wish more people read it.

      Delete
  6. What Happens Next was such an incredible read, and I usually don't like dark books. Anna and the French Kiss…yes…so cute!! And Poison Study…I loved that series and it's so under appreciated. Have you read her other two fantasy series? They are great too! Cinder…this was one of those books that I kept seeing and hearing about and I put it off and put it off and then when I finally read it…just…wow, I was kicking myself for not having read it earlier. What a fun post! ~Pam

    ReplyDelete