Thursday, June 19, 2014

The Book Blogger Test

The rules are simple answer the five questions and tag five other bloggers. I'll be posting my answers below but I'm tagging everyone! Anyone can participate. Drop me a comment and let me know you've done so if you do. I'd love to see your answers :)

1. What are your top three book pet peeves/hates?

1. INSTA-LOVE 
You know what I mean? Insert boy and a girl and output love. Love takes time to blossom and I don't think being restricted by 2-300 pages should mean it all should happen in the first fifty. It makes me snooze and well it ruins that part of the story for me.

2. Indecisive characters
They're in love, they're not in love. They're happy not they're not happy they're sad. That drives me bonkers especially when it all happens in the span of a minute or less. At least let the character really feel the sadness, happiness, anger etc., fully first before you jump onto another emotion.

3. Distinct Smells
I understand everyone has like a smell but what is it with YA authors that every boy has to smell like boy. "He smelled of aftershave, outdoors, and boy."(This quote is my own, no plagiarizing here!)
I'm not exactly sure what "boy" smells like but I'd imagine it to be a mixture of sweat, gym socks, and cologne. Something boyish. (No offense to anyone, of course.)

Describe your perfect reading spot.
Anywhere quiet. 

Tell us 3 book confessions.
1. I'm tired of hearing about The Fault in Our Stars. I'm sorry but I really am.
2. I don't reread books. There are just too many books I want to read to go back. Maybe in another lifetime.
3. I do not like Theo James as Four. I think he looks too old. (Yes, yes I know he's older than Tris but I think Theo looks a little, too old.)

When was the last time you cried at a book?
I can't remember the last time a book made me cry. I might feel sad or sort of tear up but all out bawling has never happened as far as I can remember. I'm more of a visual crier. You can definitely  find me watching a movie or video and bawling my eyes out.

How many books are on your bedside table?

What is your favorite snack whilst reading?
It really all depends on my mood, could be ice cream, could be fruit.

Show us your favorite bookshelf on your bookcase.
I don't have a bookshelf.

Write how much books mean to you in three words.
Dreams. Passion. Life.

What is your biggest reading secret?
I don't like to loan my books. I really can't stand the thought of someone messing it up. All of my books look like they just left the bookstore and I hate the idea of them looking used.

EVERYONE IS TAGGED. GO FORTH AND POST!

12 comments:

  1. Ha ha this is awesome :) How do you not have a bookshelf?!!! Details!!! And I agree with almost everything :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. I've never had a bookshelf. I never had room and now that I do I'm moving. When I'm finally financially stable and settled you better believe I will be getting one :)

      Delete
  2. I literally gasped over your first book confession. YES. ME TOO. I was tired of Fault in Our Stars before it was even going to be a movie and now it's just a million times worse and I just can't take it. And I also gasped over your third book confession because Theo James looks weird as Four to me too!

    Oh and thanks for all the feels by using that particular Perks of Being a Wallflower gif. Because obviously you didn't think my sanity was close enough to the edge. :|

    I don't loan books either for that exact reason -- verbatim. I learnt my lesson the hard way. Lent out my hardcover copy of Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater to a girl who kept it SIX WHOLE MONTHS and then returned it looking like it had been through WWIII and maybe the climax of House of Hades by Rick Riordan. And she didn't even like the book. -______-

    I'm going to do this post. It looks like so much fun! Thanks for sharing!!

    Amelia | The Authoress

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG SIX MONTHS?? OH NO! She'd have to buy me a new one most definitely. I can't wait to see your post. Thanks so much for checking out mine :)

      Delete
  3. I 100% agree with you in regards to the smell thing.
    Why do authors keep doing it? What the hell do 'boys' smell like anyway? hahahaha
    I have seen a few authors write instead of 'boy' they write the characters name.

    I'm also going to do this post, it looks exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like so much fun! Definitely scheduling this post for sometime soon! I totally agree with you about Theo James! He's a good looking dude but I never imagined Four looking even remotely similar to him. It was weird the entire movie because Shailene (I hope that's spelt right) looks so young and he looks so old!

    I HATE loaning out books. I have two people who I own books out to and that's because they know to treat other people's books with special care when they borrow them! I once lent out my copy of City of Bones to a friend and it came back with the cover almost torn off. I was livid, to say the least.

    Can't wait to try this out myself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am too going to post this fairly soon - I love these things ^_^ and I don't loan books out, unless it's to someone who's just a booknerd like I am where I know the book will be not only returned in it's original shape - but I am STILL MISSING City of Bones and The Hunger Games book 1.... This has been going on for +1.5yrs and this person has vanished off the planet of the earth...!!! Now I have to rebuy them *cry*

    And I also soooooooooooo agree with InstaLove - love on first sigh yes that can happen. Promise eachother eternal love after 3 chapters... erm... nope!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jazmen, I love your blog. I have a bookshelf but I still don't have enough room for all my books, so I feel your pain. And I only lend books to people I trust can keep them in good condition.

    I also love memes like this one, so my Book Blogger Test is at http://sistahsontheshelf.com/?p=6201.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woooaah you have so many books on your bedside table!

    ReplyDelete