Saturday, June 21, 2014

My Life With The Walter Boys by Ali Novak Book Review


My Life With The Walter Boys by Ali Novak
Genre: Young Adult, Contemporary, Romance
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Published Date: March 1st, 2014
eBook, 368 pages
Source: Library
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13580846-my-life-with-the-walter-boys?from_search=true

BLURB
Sixteen-year old Jackie Howard knows nothing about her new guardian Katherine Walter when she moves from New York to Colorado. After discovering that Katherine has twelve boys, Jackie fears that living in the Walter house isn't going to be easy. It's just icing on the cake that the boys look like Abercrombie models...

REVIEW 

This book was absolutely adorable. I don't have anything bad to say about it. 

Jackie is used to the city life, having grown up in New York, pretty well off, being thrust into a household with twelve other boys in the middle of Colorado was not what she expected. It was not in her plans but after a tragic accident forces her to move she learns a lot about herself and a lot about the boys. 

Novak made this story so easy to read, that at times I forgot I was even reading at all. It was so seamless and effortless that I forgot everything else around me. This book is a prime example of why I love Young Adult Contemporary because it makes me all smushy inside.



The characters really made this book. The book could have been about nothing at all and I think I would still love it. Every character was clearly well thought out and planned to...perfection. All the different personalities meshed well and was very believable. 

All of the testosterone, the foolery, the shenanigans, the fights, the romance, the drama I loved it all. I could really imagine living in this household and I don't even have any brothers, although now I wish I did. 

My Life with the Walter Boys is  just an all around great novel and I can't wait to see what else Novak comes up with.

8 comments:

  1. This book sounds like so much fun! Awesome review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy reading contemporaries as well and this book sounds very entertaining. Something I def. would enjoy. I love that there are quite a few characters in the story and that they are all have different personalities. Adding it to the wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always tend to shy away from books like this because I feel like the characters won't be fleshed out enough to really enjoy but what you've said about this book sounds awesome! I think I'm going to have to add this to me TBR because it sounds like the characters are all unique and wonderful! Gah, now I want to read this so badly!

    Ashtyn @ Wonderland’s Reader!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds sooo good and fast paced. Seems like the perfect book to read while on a long car ride. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book sounds so sweet! I agree that it's that smushy happy feeling I get from YA contemporary books that I love so much. It's that intense drama and emotion and the interaction between all the young characters that make these books so fabulous! I want to read this one now :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds fluffy but fun! I hadn't heard of it before now but I will definitely be adding it to my to-read list. Thanks for the review!

    Amelia | The Authoress

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds so cute! I love feeling smushy too! ~Pam

    ReplyDelete